Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Does the Depo Shot Make Your Boobs Get Bigger?!? (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I just got on the depo shot for the first time...I hear it makes your boobs bigger. Is that true?!?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile christalynnc206
|

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2006
Experienced User
It didn't for me. It would be nice though. The only thing the depo has done for my boobs, was make them tender, and sore.
|

replied June 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
As far as I know progesterone only contraceptives do not have that effect - it's the oestrogen in combined contraceptives which can cause breast tissue to grow.
|

replied December 2nd, 2007
Bigger Boobs
OMG! I have been on depo for going on my 3rd set of shots (36 weeks almost) I have gained so much weight in my boobs on the 2nd shot
|

replied November 6th, 2011
hi I jus got my first shot in sep I go for my 2nd shot in dec I havent notice any wight gain yet or bigger breast do I have to wait til my 2 nd shot to see if I will react the only thing happening is more bowel movements
|

replied September 11th, 2008
Ever since I've been on the Depo shot, my period hasn't stopped and it's been four months now. I told my doctor before my second shot that my period wasn't stopping and she told me to get the second shot and that I would be "pleasantly surprised" with it. But when I got the second shot and my period didn't stop, she actually asked my why I proceeded to get the second shot, going against what she had previously said. Now I'm stuck with the second shot for another two months, which means my period probably won't stop soon.....is this amount of bleeding normal?
|

replied January 18th, 2012
everyones bodies are different. stopping your period is not an absolute result. it depends on your body. im going ofr my third and my period is just now getting lighter and shorter. give it a little while. if you arent having bad results (aka gaining wieght like crazy) then its definitely worth sticking with.
|

replied May 18th, 2009
boobs
no depo leaves the boobs alone.
|

replied June 25th, 2009
depo
your doctor is on crack if she gave you another shot. THe depo shot makes you suicidal. It's a nightmare for men.
|

replied June 25th, 2009
Experienced User
FemeFatale-Whatever.. I was on the depo shot for two years and i was never depressed or suicidal.. Everyone is different.. I personally loved the depo shot it was the only thing at the time that gave me relief from horrible pain..

Kellie Marie-Everyone is different.. I know that alot of people dont stop bleeeding on the depo, i personally never had bleeding and never had a period until serveral months after stopping it..I would get on a different form of b.c.
|

replied May 18th, 2013
Did you find something that works better for long term?
I've been on depo about 6 years now because my cramps used to be so bad I couldn't function. I'd love to know if there is something better out there!
|

replied June 25th, 2009
IT DIDNT WORK FOR ME. IT ACTUALLY MADE ME FATTER LOL!!!!
|

replied September 7th, 2009
i just got my first shot about a week ago, and my boobs are super tender and sore.
|

replied February 12th, 2010
Is It True???
Hi.
Yesterday was my first time getting on the depo shot. is this shot going to make my boobs grown and gain weight i hope so.
|

replied February 27th, 2010
Depo shot
When you gain weight as well as when you lose it the first place that you start to gain this weight is you bottem and your breast and your breast become tender and sore because they are growing tiny amounts.
|

replied March 29th, 2010
Is it true?
I'm 16 and I'm getting the depo shot
I only weight 97 pounds I have trouble gaining weight
I heard the depo shot helps you gain weight and larger breasts.
Is this true?
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2010
depo
i got my first depo shot exactly one week ago, i noticed on the fourth day after getting it my breasts being really tender and sore..they sort of look like they are getting bigger but i do not know lol.. they have been very sore and tender since then.... is it possible that the depo shot is making them bigger?
|

replied May 13th, 2010
i was on depo for 3 years. no period the whole time. no weight gain, no breast growth Sad.....but Very emotional and depressed, esp. about 2 weeks after the shot each time. I also got a fibroadenoma during that time (a benign lump in my boob which I had surgically removed)...so I don't know if I trust it. No period was awesome, but my family says they'll kill me if I go back on it because I was so volitile (however, I was a teenager at the time, so maybe it was just being a teen that made me so bi-atchy).
|

replied May 17th, 2010
DEpo PRovera
Actually, Im on DEPO and have been for a while now, And i havent really gained weight, but i had increased appetite and my boobs havent grown at all, that i can tell. When i first Started it, i got headaches everyday atleast twice a day. Now I dont have a period, Not that many headaches, and no cramps or anything. And my boobs are starting to get bigger. I think the symptoms only last for a certain amount of time for each person, or for no one at all.
|

replied May 18th, 2010
The only chance that depo would indeed make you boobs get bigger is if you was not exercising right, therefor it wouldn't be depo it would be a cluster of fat in your boobs. Caused by lack of exercise.
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2010
lol.

k so im suppose to go on monday to get the depo shot again (this will be my 2nd time getting the shot) ...anyways ... i wasnt gaining weight the first 2 months after getting my 1st shot..although my breasts were very soar and tender most the time.. ........well since its the 3rd month..i think its hitting me now haha...i am sure ive gained some weight lol cause my pants that did fit me perfect...are difficult to get on..barely fit me.. i sweeearr my breasts were alot bigger for a few weeks... and then just the other day they looked smaller..i dont know what all thats about though! the depo shot has worked pretty good for me so far.. i have no complaints.. im a little sceptical to get the 2nd shot because i dont want to gain too much weight..but i really like the depo shot and im thinking maybe il get the 2nd shot and if i start gaining alot...il just excersize more....... anybody have any imput on getting the depo shot for the 2nd time?? ...lol... Smile
|

replied June 20th, 2010
The depo has changed
I was on the Depo shot for almost ten years...I stopped taking the shot for two years and I am now back on the shot. The only side affects that I had the first time I took the shot was BAD headaches! This is one reason that I choose to leave the shot alone. But now I'm about three weeks into my first shot and all of a sudden my boobs are out of control!! I mean I have went up about 2-3 bra sizes...I wonder if this is just a phase, I do not want or need my breast to grow...does anyone know if they will go back to my normal size? Or what I can do to stop them from growing?
I have also notices quite a bit of mood swings, one minute I'm happy and loving life and the next I hate everyone and don't want to be bothered with nothing or anyone. They must have added something new to the depo...this is most definitly not the same as what I'm use to taking
|

replied July 9th, 2010
depo shot
I was on the depo shot for 2 years i weighed 130 lbs when i first started it i now weigh 217 lbs good luck to all who get on it i do not recommend it to ANYONE!
|

replied March 18th, 2013
did you exercise?
|
12 >>
Quick Reply