Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Question

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Alright, this might sound dumb lol and I think I am right about my thoughts but just to be sure I wanted to ask. Well i'm not due till august but I really wanted to breastfeed my baby but considering this pregnancy was unplanned, trust me I do not ! Want to get pregnant for a loooooooooong time after this baby. Anyhow, I dont think u can but can you take birth control and still nurse? I doubt it but I know u can take some medications. I just wanted to ask u all I see my doc on the 27th so I wanted to know be4 then . Thanx Mr. Green ~ erica.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 12th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Hey erica, I really dont know about that I dont plan on going on birth control I never looked into it. But I have a ? How old are you sweetie? You dont seem to be to happy about this baby! Hope im just reading everything wrong much love melissa
|

Especially eHealthy
Sry
Sorry, I really dunno
|

Experienced User
I am 20. And I am extremly excited about my baby and so is my b/f. It's just next time we another child in the future we want to be 100% ready so no I am not unhappy about this baby. I have the greatest man in the world and we look forward to having our own family of 3. Anyway what made u think I wasnt happy about this baby lol! Its only my first kid so I just have alot of concerns. ~ erica.
|

Experienced User
Just wanted to say I looked online about this a bit and it says different things. Either u can or cant I guess ill just have to wait until I see my doc but thanx anyway ladies! ~ erica Rolling Eyes
|

replied January 13th, 2004
Sorry sweetie if I offended you! Im glad youre happy about your baby and are just concerned! I really dont know about the whole b/c thingy though good luck and sorry again! Much love and luck melissa
|

Sorry sweetie if I offended you! Im glad youre happy about your baby and are just concerned! I really dont know about the whole b/c thingy though good luck and sorry again! Much love and luck melissa
|

Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hey, I think you can but that you would have to take a lower dose? Do you know what I mean?? I think that this is def. A question for the doc though because you dont wanna make a mistake.. And why are you so wanting to breastfed...Ask a doc sweets!!
|

Experienced User
Well I really would like to breast feed because of all of the additional health benefits for the baby but id be just as happy bottle feeding to so I am not going to stress anything. Also no prob mellisa you didn't offend me I promise. Lol yeah I will definitely just have to ask my doc. As for depro, dont think I wanna do that. I tried it twice and on both times, I blew up like a puffer fish lol and gained like 30 lbs in a month no joke. I already have to work my tail off just to stay in a certain shape that I am comfortable with. Well not anymore now lol. Thanks for all of your replies !!!! ~ erica.
|

I Heard
Well I heard that breastfeeding actually stops fertility and that it's a safe method of birth control.I don't know how accurate it is, but I heard it on this show called american baby.It comes on mon-fri @ 8:30 on the discovery health channel.I breastfeed and plan to have sex again,but was also thinking about birth control.Hope this helps.~arica~
|

Experienced User
Thanks again! Hey gurlaj what part of mich r u from??
|

replied January 14th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Experienced User
I think you can use the iud while breastfeeding I was reading something about it I will post it so you can read it....
|

Experienced User
Intrauterine devices (iuds) are one of the most commonly used methods of reversible birth control for women. When inserted into a woman's uterus, an iud helps to prevent pregnancy, including tubal implantation and ectopic pregnancy. The copper iud is a very effective, long-term method of birth control; only eight women out of 1,000 using copper iuds will become pregnant during the first year of use.
Unlike iuds that contain hormones, the copper iud has no effect on breastfeeding. The copper, which is released by the iud, interrupts your normal reproductive cycle, causing the endometrium (the lining of the uterus) to shed more frequently than normal. The most common side effects of using a copper iud include cramping and an increased risk of anaemia due to irregular, heavy menstrual bleeding. Such bleeding among iud users is not usually considered a problem. In fact, it indicates that the device is working; however, it should be reported to your gp.

Research shows that with the copper iud, breastfeeding mothers experience less pain during insertion and have lower removal rates due to bleeding or pain than non-lactating women.

Best wishes
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile