Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Pain In Legs When Gassy...

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
I have a question: i've looked everywhere for an answer; i've asked my Dr., several drs about it and they all think i'm nuts; my dad has the same problem, so perhaps it is a freak genetic thing...
When I have gas, sometimes I will get incredible pain in my legs, usually the right, and mostly from hip to knee... It feels like my leg is made of lead and is on fire, especially in the upper thigh and around the knee... Occasionally the pain will extend further down the leg past the knee, but most it is hip to knee...
Passing gas relieves the pain.
Sometimes it is completely unbearable.
It reminds me of a more way more intense version of the leg cramps (or growing pains) I used to get when I was a child.
I wonder if it is a nerve getting pinched in my spine or prehaps the siatica (pardon the butchered spelling) or something along those lines...
As I said, i've talked to my Dr. About it, and other drs too, and they have all said the same thing, that it is impossible... Well what the heck is causing the pain then... It only happens when I have gas (and not always) so it has to be related somehow...
Can anyone help explain this?
Thanks,
sheila :cry:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 15th, 2011
Gas, constipation and upper leg feel dumb when there is gas or c
I have the same problem but mine is in the left upper leg. When my lower left abdomen is in pain because i feel very constipated cause im unable to do BM and unable to pass gas my upper left leg or thigh is dumb.
|

replied November 15th, 2011
Gas, constipation and upper leg feel dumb when there is gas or c
I have the same problem but mine is in the left upper leg. When my lower left abdomen is in pain because i feel very constipated cause im unable to do BM and unable to pass gas my upper left leg or thigh is dumb.
|

replied November 9th, 2013
dje32
My mother experiences gas related pains in her legs at times so bad it causes her to have a limp when she walks. It usually last a few days and tends to go away after she takes a good dump. I tend to have gas pains in my chest, back, neck, & shoulders. I usually belch and massage those out to relieve the pain. The pains can be very sharp at times and prevent movement. For me, changing the diet avoiding spicy & fatty foods has helped some, also exercise has helped work out the pain, but it is usually a slow sore process of moving that area getting started with the exercise.
|

replied January 29th, 2014
Hi I Just came across this post as I wasa also restless because of the similar kind of pain. And whoever I try to explain, even doctors think its all in the mind. But I know it is not as for me also it happens due to Gas.

Have you find out the cause for the same or any remedy. I am crying out of pain, your inputs will be helpful.

Cheers,
A
|

replied March 28th, 2014
No one is answering because they think we are nuts!
|

replied July 22nd, 2014
Gas Pain is hell
I have experienced the same problem and It started in the year 2007. When I told this to Doctor that I feel this is happening because of Gas, He gave me a smile and asked to meet a orthopedic. The pain was unbearable. And i use to limp. Everyone in office asks me if I met with an accident and when I told them that this is happening because of Gas, they use to literally laugh. And that pain was moving from one leg to another or to lower back whenever i changed my position on bed.
I had suffered alot for these many years. Spent lots of money on blood tests and xRays. But everything was normal but it was tough to make a Doctor understand that it is happening because of Gas.

Allopathy could not help much. So I switched to Ayurved and Homeopathy.
A small change in habit and some Ayurvedic and Homeopathic medecines helped me alot.
I donot have that leg pain since long.

My advice is to consult a good homeopath or a Ayurvedic doctor. Avoid junk food and Coke.Avoid REFINED Flour Eat fibers, fruits.
Everynight you fill a COPPER juge with water and after getting up next morning without brushing your teeth drink at least 2 to 3 glass of water. Make this a habit and you will feel improvememnt. Let me know if it shows any improvement--
|
Quick Reply