Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Second Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Baby Movements

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi guys im 18 weeks pregnant and I was wondering how do u know when the baby is moving I mean what does it feel like? I feel like something kinda the same as a little muscle twitch and butterflies kinda but im not sure and advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 26th, 2006
My baby's movements felt like little muscle twitches or spasms. Now that i'm 21 weeks 5 days they feel like little thumps. I still cant differentiate between a kick or a punch but its definitely regular movement. I know when my son is asleep and I know when he's awake. He's awake like 9am-4pm and then he's awake again at like 10pm-3am
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Hey

ya, I would said movement felt like a muscle spasm to me too.

Soon you should be able to feel the baby kick when you put your hand on your lower stomach.. That is really neat, specailly when you can see you stomach move :)
|

replied June 30th, 2006
Experienced User
Im 22 wks preg and when I first felt it- I didnt know that it was the baby. It was kinda like if I thought it was gas, I would wait to see if I farted. If I didnt then I would know it was the baby. I know thats silly but it was the only way. Then about week 19 or 20 I could really tell. It got stronger. Now I can actually see my belly twitch when bean kicks.. Its great
|