Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Asthma Forum

Why does my Skin turn Red and Itch?

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
User Profile
Whenever cold water, air, or wind hits my skin I turn red and start itching really bad. I don't have to be cold for this to happen. It can be a warm day and I can be out watering rinse my feet off and they will turn beat red and itch. Also when I sweat my head will start itching really bad. I can have the cooler on and if my skin gets cold I turn red and itch. In the winter when it is cold outside I will turn beat red and start itching and then my skin feels like it is on fire. I don't know what this is from. Just like today I watered my trees and rinsed my feet off and it was hot outside but I turned red and started itching.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2006
Allergies, Asthma Answer A1035
It seems that you may be experiencing an irregular vaso-motor reaction of the blood vessels in the skin. The blood vessels should constrict when exposed to cold, instead of dilating. Dilatation of the blood vessels causes redness. You can seek help from a dermatologist.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Asthma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.