Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Chlamydia

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
I had chlamydia I year ago. I am trying to get pregnant and nothing. I did not have chlamydia long maybe 2 months and I have read that it can make you infertile. Can it make you infertile if you had it for 1 month and a half to 2 months???
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper
|

replied January 15th, 2004
Chlamydia
Yes, but it can be cured. You don't have to worry about.

|

replied January 21st, 2004
Experienced User
Doesnt it cause scarring and such so that it makes it hard to conceive.

My cousin is trying with no luck and she had a pid (pelvic inflammatory disease) caused by clamydia and her doc said she may have trouble conceiving in the future. I dont think she had it long but u never can tell with something like that. Anyway she got it treated they even did a laporascopy (spelt wrong) where they insert a camera into her belly button and then make her stomach large by inflating it with gas then they have a look around and they didnt find anything.

How much do u know about infertility from what ur doc told u about the disease.

From someone who cant wait to have a jelly bean all of their own

p.S. No one thinks ur a slut, sometimes ppl arent who they pretend to be
|

replied January 26th, 2004
Having Trouble Concieveing
Doctors say not to worry unless you been trying at least two years. And haven't you ever realized that it's seems like it's only people who aren't trying that get pregnant, when your trying you stress about it and it may take you longer, and also if you were on bc that can sometime take a while to get out of your system. Ps...Make sure your hubby is not wearing tight undies or pants as that will also reduce chances.
|

replied February 15th, 2004
Chlamydia can become pelvic inflammatory disease if left too long and that causes scarring/infertility.I don't think you would of caused any damage if you only had it for 2 years.I had it for 5 years and was damaged.Good luck with conceiving.
|

replied October 7th, 2004
Iam Pregnate And I Think I Have Clamydia
Hey iam 18 and I just found out that iam pregnat and iam scared that I might have clamydia and if I do have I had it for a year what do I do and what are the sytoms???
|

replied October 9th, 2004
Experienced User
Re: Iam Pregnate And I Think I Have Clamydia
portybeauty wrote:
hey iam 18 and I just found out that iam pregnat and iam scared that I might have clamydia and if I do have I had it for a year what do I do and what are the sytoms???

some women have no symptoms, and dont know they have it until their partner does. Your best bet is to see a doctor and get tested
|

replied March 26th, 2009
hawaiin beauty
i got chlamydia and found out about 4 days afterward because my lower sort of middle part of my back where ur kidneys are was hurting so bad i had to go to the emergency room they did a pap and i tested + i got it 3 times in 3 months ( a total of about a month n a half total time having it after being cured evrytime for it) ya i was stupid and didnt tell tha guy i was wit so we passed it back n forth we were finally both cured by zythromax a powdered drink mix disgusting but cures it in one day rather than 10 to 12 days with pills i also had spotting when i wasnt on my period and my urine was cloudy ( but that also doesnt necessarily mean u have it if ur urine is cloudy because i had a pap about a month and a half after being cured and still had cloudy urine and i tested negative for everything its different with everyone i was told some people dont know for yrs i was just lucky and immediately felt pain hope everythings ok---so happy to hear some of u were able to get pregnant after having it for 2 years ive been sooo scared that i wont be able to get pregnant =)
|

replied June 19th, 2009
im 19 i just found out i had chlamydia and i have been treated for it and i may have had it for a possible year and a half and i am trying to concieve but im afraid that i might not be able to concieve because of this...someone please give advice...i am happy to hear that some of you had it longer than i haveand still got pregnant...
|

replied November 28th, 2009
I recently found that I have chlamydia I first found out 1 year ago with the same partner when we first got together, neither of us have been with anyone else so the anti-biotics mustn't have worked and now with me having it for a year I'm scared I might not be able to get pregnant!!!
|

replied March 21st, 2010
im certain that iv got chlamydia and im terrified. i might not be able to get pregenant.. im sure iv had it for a while.. how long does it take to make you do infertile?
|

replied March 31st, 2010
can a man get infertility from Chlamydia ???
|

replied May 9th, 2011
Yes
Yes
|

replied June 29th, 2010
chlamydia, it's self does not cause you to be infertile.... It is the PID that causes the infertility!! PID results in scaring and can damage the little hairs that push the egg along!! If you have got PID then trust me.. You would know about it as the pain is terrible!! You can determine your chances of concieving by having a simple dye test carried out!!
|

replied September 14th, 2010
chyamidia does not make you infertile there is a slight chance and its not always the girl who cant get pregnant its most of the time the guy so dont worry ladies it might not be you and dont worry about not be fertile becuase of cylamidia if u have it for 5 to 10 yrs then it will do some damage trust me i been with my boyfriend for 3 yrs and i had got clymidia from my ex and i guess i had it for 3 yrs ann beetween them three yrs i ahd 3 kids so dont always believe what u here
|

replied September 29th, 2010
To KarryM18 how did you get rid of it after so long?
|

replied September 29th, 2010
To KarryM18 how did you get rid of it after so long?
|

replied October 7th, 2010
im 16 and have lately became sexually active, i had sex without protection with my ex bf and he has a reputation of sleeping round. That was about 3 month ago and i jst got tested 2 days ago and im waiting on my results. im so scared:|. Could i become infertile?
im so worried:|
|

replied May 3rd, 2011
Ok so im really peed of cuz i tested twice with swabs this month and my doctors keep on loosing the test and im really scared that i might have it and become infertile, its getting really embarrising asking for the test at the desk and doing the test for it to just be lost the doctors dont seem to care theyve lost it neither so no i havent taken a third test yet. anyway thats not im worried about i had unprotected sex 7 years ago and after that i was protected and ive been thinking wheither ive got it or not in the past month cuz i had unprotected sex last month and no pregnancy so im thinking i could be infertile.. please gove advice id appreciate it
|

replied May 15th, 2012
Please Help Me
My boyfriend of nine months (mutually monogamous I think) just found out and was treated for chlamydia. I have not had sex with anyone else since November and I've been showing no symptoms. Being in the military we get tested regularly and my test from last month came up negative except for a possible UTI which nothing ever came of that. Could I have had chlamydia for that long with out knowing even with tests saying I didn't? Or could my monogamous relationship have been a lie this whole time?
|

replied October 2nd, 2012
I received a call today from my obgyn and said that I tested positive. I am 20 (will be 21 soon) I have only ever "been with" my now husband . we have been together for almost 5 years and we have been having sex for about 4 years. he swears he ha been totally faithful since we started dating and I have had no symtoms neither has my husband. has anyone ever had a false positive on a test like this? and if I have had it for 4-5 years will I still be able to have kids in the future. I just don't know what to think , either my husband of almost 3 years has cheated on me or I have had this std for a long time Sad
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Anand J. Singh