Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

After Abortion Effects.. (Page 1)

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
I had my abortion on the 1st june, its now the 4th june and today I experienced the worst lower abdominal pain ive ever had and in the end had to go to a & e. They were similar to contractions.
I still havent a clue what it is, I thought maybe it was any remaining tissue passing? But I havent had a period and the scan in the abortion clinic showed my womb to be empty.
The only thing to solve the pain was a strong pain killer through a drip in the hospital as I kept throwing up my pain killers at home.
Anyone else experienced this? :?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper E..
|

replied June 4th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I have never had that with my surgical abortion, but I work in a clinic and have had some women expeience nasty cramps..

Are you active? Walking around? Doing heavy lifting etc... The more relaxed and chilled out you are, the less pain you will have. I stayed in a recliner for 2-3 days just chilling out and watching tv so I would not bleed as much or have any pain.

Blood clots can make that 'funny contraction' feeling... Some blood clots are large and they have to pass thorugh the cervix, so this definately can cause a wierd feeling. Try laying down, propping your feet up slightly and relaxing..Take some advil too! 600 mg with food..
|

replied January 16th, 2012
ive recently had the pill abortion on jan 7 its now jan 17.. two days after i took first pill in c two days linic i took second two pills at home, immediately after i took pills i experienced extreme cramping and bleeding which i was pre warned about two das later i took last two pills as directed and continued to experience mild bleeding and cramping. Today is the 17th and now im experiencing light bleedig but heavy cramping, back pain, and sum pain in my butt (no pun intended) and when i walk it makes the pain worse. I called clinic and she said it is fairly normal..should i be worried????
|

replied June 5th, 2006
Ive just been acting normal really..The doctor said id be more or less back to normal the day after the abortion but it depends on the person I guess.
Im on two types of anti-biotics now and a pain killer and today my lower stomach has just been a bit sore, I get the occasional shooting pain.
I am really worried though because no blood or bloodclots have passed through my body at all, so surely theres more pain to come?..
|

replied June 5th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
If you have been acting normal that could be the reason for cramping up... You really should take it easy a few days!

You may not get blood clots at all, and there may not be more pain to come..But you do need to take it easy!
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hiya e.. I had the exact same thing, no lie. Two days after my medical abortion I started having contractions. For like an hour and a half. And the hopsital told me to go in. But for personal cercumstances I could not go. I just took alot of pain killers and took it easy and the lower abdomal pain I also had soon went away. Id take it easy if I were you. The scan showed you did not have anything left in your womb, so you dont have that to worry about. Take it easy, have a nice long bath and think positively. Carfairy had it all in one really. Kudos to her. :)
|

replied June 6th, 2006
Ah thanx for the replies.
Today iv hardly had any pain at all, hopefully its all over with.
Im relieved someone had the same problem as me, ive been an emotional wreck due to my mind thinking negative things and whatnot.
How long was it u until u felt u were back 2 ur normal self?
|

replied April 8th, 2008
i had a medical abortion on the 2nd of April and it is now the 8th, i feel back to normal now, except for some light bleeding,
everyone is different, reading your previous posts i assume you had a rough time with your medical abortion, where as i expierenced hardly any pain ( im not trying to gloat)
but everyone is different, and i kinda wish i had a rougher time than what i did,
but keeping an eye on yourself and taking it easy should have u feeling better in no time Smile
i wish you loads of luck hun
xx
|

replied April 22nd, 2008
medical abortion
I had a medical abortion last week. I took the first medication at the clinic, then 24 hours later had to use 4 other tablets between my cheeks and gums. I had bleeding within 1/2 hour. It became heavier and heavier. I called the clinic who i had gone to and the nurse asked if I was filling a pad every 1/2 hour. I was doing that in 10 minutes or less. She told me to stay off my feet and call her back if it continued. It continued but i didnt call her. I have continued to pass large clots this week the size of a tennis ball. my biggest complaint is I have terrible lower back pain, also when i even walk a few feet my leg muscles feel like they are being torn out. I went bak to the clinic today to be checked. My uterus doesnt contain a pregnancy any longer, they reassured me. but they couldnt really tell me why my legs and arms hurt so badly. I know i probably lost more blood than i was supposed to, they checked my iron level and my level only came back at 7. I believe it is supposed to be about 12-13? my question is does anyone know what it is that your body lacks if you lose too much blood? Is it calcium, potassium, I know i need iron. Also to all the girls who have found themselves in this same posistion having to make this decision, I had a surgical abortion 15 years ago. In my opinion the surgical was easier on me. I didnt have near as much pain or complications with surgical as i had with the medical. I think its because when they do surgical they remove the contents of the uterus for you, with medical you have to wait for your uterus to contract and get it out. Just thought i'd share what i know.
|

replied December 20th, 2011
Oh my sweet baby jesus i thought i was the only one with that whole problem you said you had i just got an abortion 4 days ago and i had a half size of a dollar seemed to be blood clought come out of my vagina but it wasnt a blood clought atleast i dont think it was also my inner thighs hurt when i walk a few feet for some reason or just my legs period but more my thighs also my back hurts so bad and it feels like im having trouble breathing i honestly dont know what the problem is but i pray to GOD that i isnt bad i go to the doctors today later on in the morning to check and see whats going on with me
|

replied April 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
YES, surgical is much better, and easier.

They use IV sedation nowadays, which makes it painless. Many places charge extra , but it is worth it!!
|

replied July 16th, 2008
sex/pregnancy after abortion
Hello,
I had an abortion on July 2nd 2008. I was 4 weeks. I passed blood for only 4 days then it stop. I took off work for almost 1 week and a half. I relaxed and didnt pick up anything heavy. On Monday july 14, 2008 2 weeks after abortion. My husband and I had sex. I told him to pulled out, he didnt. He came inside me. Yes, i know im also to blame. But now im worried i might be pregnant again. What are the chances of me getting pregnant? does anyone know?

Thanks
|

replied July 16th, 2008
sex/pregnancy after abortion
Hello,
I had an abortion on July 2nd 2008. I was 4 weeks. I passed blood for only 4 days then it stop. I took off work for almost 1 week and a half. I relaxed and didnt pick up anything heavy. On Monday july 14, 2008 2 weeks after abortion. My husband and I had sex. I told him to pulled out, he didnt. He came inside me. Yes, i know im also to blame. But now im worried i might be pregnant again. What are the chances of me getting pregnant? does anyone know?

Thanks
|

replied September 30th, 2008
Angel your clinic didnt give your birth control? Having abortion after abortion could cause you to have an incompetent uterus. So what happens when you are ready? IF you cant afford birth control their are plenty of clinics that offer it for free.
I would hate to see you go thru the pains of abortion again, I think once is enough for any woman.
Yes you can get pregnant after an abortion!!!!!!!!!
|

replied March 28th, 2009
abortion
i have had 3 surgical abortions and 2 medical ones, and overall, i think the surgical one is much better, trust me, the pain in the medical one is excruciating! I spent 24 hrs, jumping, frog jumping, sitting on the toilet,....name it! terrible, and i think my 1st medical try wasnt complete, thats why i opted for it again coz it lasted a few hours, quite painful but like normal periods.
|

replied January 9th, 2012
Wow... I know we all make mistakes but 98% of us learn from those. 5 abortions is is an awful lot.. not passing judgement but it seems as if you dont care to get prego you just go and have abortions? I think you need to be careful and use protection 5 abortions is too many
|

replied September 26th, 2012
I'm pretty sure you are judging, your assuming she didn't use protection when protection is never 100% guaranteed. Condom broke my first abortion, I was on the pill my second and third abortion. I tried the shot, started going bald, tried the one period every three months pill wouldn't stop bleeding for 5 straight months. So decided to go back to condom then follow a ovulation calendar and make sure I didn't have sex during my fertility time or ovulation date, was working, one time condom slips off during intercourse I'm now at my fourth abortion. I asked 2 docs to refer me to get my tubes tied they both didn't want to because I had no kids and they thought 26 was still too young. Your reply to this girls post I found to be insulting, you think if a woman has more then one abortion that she just don't care??? Some women are just very fertile. Now my bf of 9 years asks me why we don't have sex no more and I have to tell him that I can't have a healthy sex life because nothing is working from preventing me from getting pregnant. It is way easier to try diff contraceptives then it is to completely stop having sex. Going through a abortion is very hard, and emotional. If your going to reply to a post you should try being understanding before passing judgement. These girls need positive support, not someone who puts them down in a nice way.
|
Users who thank concernedpt for this post: sammi1995 

replied April 3rd, 2009
surgical abortion
hi i had a surgical abortion on the 30th and also had an i.u.d put in right after the procedure and it is now the 3rd and i have experienced normal period like bleeding however the 31st i went back to work and today i got home and had passed 3 dime sized blood clots while at work so i change my pad that was at 430 at 830 i changed it again and i had passed 7 more i am experiencing lower back pain and abdominal pain is this normal should i be worried?
|

replied September 7th, 2009
Severe lower back pain following medical abortion
I had a medical abortion 2 days ago and was told it was incomplete and i need to go back a week today for a scan and possibly surgical procedure to 'finish it'. I'm worried though cos been having almost constant stomach cramps, worse than bad period pains, and agonising lower back pain. Is this normal or should I be worried? If it is normal I'm worried its not gonna go away til I have my appointment next week - not sure I can cope with a week of this pain!!
|

replied March 2nd, 2010
Shower after abortion
Can I take shower after abortion? Mine was done yesterday around 2pm
|

replied April 8th, 2010
abortion showering.
Fairytale, I just had my abortion, on the third of april, and you can shower, no baths though it increases the risk of infection.
|

replied April 17th, 2010
I had my very first and hopefully last abortion yesterday, im absolutely fine however the bleeding is getting heavier and im hoping that eventually it is going to clear up, i am not really feeling any pain physically but mentally i am more effected, like i regret having the abortion but i didn't want the pregnancy either. I am so glad my surgical procedure didn't leave me in a horrible position. I hope everything goes okay for all of you above. And to the person that has had 5 abortions maybe go on birth control or just have the baby?
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2010
I had my surgical abortion last year November and still regret it but the procedure is the best did not want to hear or feel or see anything had alot of pain afterwards and the bleeding was heavy for around 9 days, now I am pregnant again my partner wants me to have a termination but I want my baby is this a bad thing.....
|

replied May 28th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
PurpleHaze333 wrote:
I had my surgical abortion last year November and still regret it but the procedure is the best did not want to hear or feel or see anything had alot of pain afterwards and the bleeding was heavy for around 9 days, now I am pregnant again my partner wants me to have a termination but I want my baby is this a bad thing.....

By "bad thing" what do you mean?

If you mean is it bad to have a new pregnancy after an abortion then it depends enitrely on your situation. Regretting your abortion is, in my opinion, irrelevant at this point. You've conceived again so this is a new situation.

If you are asking if it's a bad thing your partner wants you to terminate but you don't then I'd say it's certainly less than ideal. However, this is your body and your choice and he can have an opinion but, quite frankly, it means squat! If you want to continue the pregnancy then continue it. Tell him that.
|
Users who thank Moo for this post: PurpleHaze333