Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

How Are You Carrying Your Baby?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I'm 7 months along and my baby girl is riding low. I've only felt her near my ribs once... Mostly she's around my navel. I was curious how other people are carrying their babies, since the only pregnant women I know are carrying higher.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I just had my baby but until he dropped I was carrying really high. My belly was the world's best push up bra! :lol:
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
People assume i'm further along than I am, since my stomach is so low and I have a small frame. (the fact that i've gained 30 pounds so far isn't helping, either!)
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2006
Community Volunteer
I carried my son pretty low the whole time.
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I neither carry mine high or low. She isn't in my pelvic bones (yet) and she isn't in my ribs. She just kinda sitting there in the middle.

Now with my first, I think I was a lot higher.....He was a boy but I never really got far enough along to get big enough to know if he was high or low.

I am 30 weeks and 3 days she should start dropping in the next few weeks. I now that will be painful because my hips do hurt already.
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Im 15 weeks today and I seem to be carrying high. I am noticeably pregnant and it starts from right under my breasts. I hope its a girl!!!!!!!!
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2009
31 Weeks Preggo and feel like I'm going to pop
I am 31 weeks pregnant and have been carrying low this whole pregnancy. My first two pregnancies were up higher and they were girls. This one is a boy...I don't believe in old wives tales but it was right this time.
I feel as though his foot will pop out. Or if I have gas I will have a baby instead of breaking wind.
He is very very low, kicks my c-section scar daily. He does flips and all sorts of things.
I am getting a lot more braxtin hicks this time around and they tend to be painful, a lot of discharge also. I worry about going into labour early. Not due till Agust 10. Guess we'll see.
|

replied July 16th, 2009
Preggomom, I'm w/ you...this pregnancy, I am carrying very low. I am 24 weeks & he never goes anywhere near my belly button. Feels like he's laying from hipbone to hipbone at all times. Always kicking or hitting below the belt. My first pregnancy was a girl & completely different - she was all over the place but mostly up in my ribs. I am wondering if the old wives tale is true....
|