Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Hey, Just Wonderin If Any of You Could Help Me

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Hey,

im new here but just gotta get some things off my chest before I explode!!

Having a bad day and cant stop crying! Dont want to admit I have a problem but deep down I think I no I might need abit of help.

Fed up of constantly worrying about weight/food, and dancin and doing sit ups even when im in agony. Asked my mum to hide the battery for the scales which she did but I then found and couldn't resist to go on them.

All my friends are perfect, and im fed up of wishing I was someone else. Wish I had the confidence to be happy with myself and speak out and do my own thing instead of copying and blending into the background so I don't get noticed.

Im confused and dont no whether I do need help or its just a normal teenage thing.

Either way I think I need to tell my mum, I just dont want to upset her.

Sorry I just needed to get that off my chest fed up of it going through my head ten thousand times a day.

I no you all have your own problems but I would be very grateful for any advice.

Thanks
kirsty xxx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi, there.
How are you doing now?
What do you mean when you say that all your friends are perfect? Maybe that's where your problem lies - you also have your good qualities that no one else has.
There's always hope, trust me.
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Thanks

when I say my friends are perfect I mean that they are the ones always getting the compliments and I always stand at the back and just admire their confidence.

I think in some ways they help ruin my confidence with their nasty little comments at school, but I was never strong enough to say anything back.

Feeling abit better than I did last night, but still crying!!! I just can't seem to stop!!
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm happy you're feeling better, even if it's only a bit.
Try to see yourself beyond what makes you sad and unpretty. :)
|