Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Swollen Lips After Sex (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Sometimes lately when I have sex, my inside lips get very swollen and end up red and hanging out. This is not painful but uncomfortable and only lasts for about a day afterwards. I have no idea why this is happening. Has anyone ever experienced this weird thing.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kristigraham
|

replied January 12th, 2004
Experienced User
Probably from friction. Do you shave?
|

replied January 13th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Ive experienced this too! I dont know why it happens.. But its happened to me plenty of times a while back*
|

replied June 12th, 2012
I think its because of dryness well having sex and him just continuing to beat it up and it may also be caused by your cookie not agreeing with the material of your underwear or maybe you changed your detergent recently I hope I was a little bit of a help.
|

replied January 14th, 2004
Experienced User
I know what you are talking about. I always seem to get irritated after sex. I have been with my guy for 6 years and every now and then, I get almost like allergic reactions or something to his semen and just the friction of sex itself. It is really strange and it is very uncomfortable. My vagina lips get really swollen and hang and I also get like a stinging after the semen is in there. I usually go pee after sex and of course I try and push out the semen as much as possible and wipe really good. I have had plenty of pap smears in the past few months so I don't lnow what it is???!!! Could I be sensitive to his semen or his penis itself? It sounds really silly but I am just curious!! Thanks!!! Wink
|

replied January 25th, 2005
Ok.... Ive been with my girlfriend for about a year and a half now and never messed with anyone else besides her... And she tells me she never did anything with anyone else also.. ( I trust she is telling the truth) we never experienced swollen inner vagina lips before untill a couple weeks ago~~ after we have sex and I cum inside or sometimes I dont cum inside (shes on birth control) and then just chill for a little bit... Shes in pain and her inner vagina lips get really fat~~ swollen and hangs out!! It lasts for about 3 full days!! Is my weiner grown too large and torn something in there?? What the heck is going on here!!! We are both very worried...
|

replied February 19th, 2012
im experiencing the same thing as your partner, can you help me in any way, does she know how do get it treated? could you right back as soon as possible, thanks...
|

replied January 25th, 2005
To my reply ubove, shes shaved bare~~ it usually happens after she orgasms... Its really wet to the point that it doesnt feel as pleasurable for me because I cant feel as much as I do when its just semi wet~ so I dont thing dryness is the cause~~ please help
|

replied January 27th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Not sure. It sounds like not enough lube but who knows. It could be irritation from soap or powder.
|

replied January 30th, 2005
Experienced User
This is very common and not something to be too worried about. It's typically from an allergy to spermicides, or gel, or friction, especially if you are dry. Try using a lubricant such as bio-fem actigel, which is also soothing.
|

replied January 20th, 2009
Ughhhh
I have it too and Im not so much worried but more of disappointed because I love nothing more than to pleasure my self and pleasure my lover.
We have sex alot. ITs been a long period of time I could say.
And Ive never gotten bored.
I wish that it would stop happening so that I could go for hours again.
|

replied May 23rd, 2012
Sore and swollen vagina after sex!
Dryness starts this process, after she cums, or has n orgasm then the friction from the Male penis
Still stroking to get his rocks off or- maybe the male partner just still wants to stroke just because his penis is still hard. Wrong- wrong- wrong! Stop and lube her or at least let her vagina have a break. Start foreplay again, french kissing is a strong, vagina wetting action, also sucking the nipples on her breasts, use gentleness men... Breasts have a lot of receptor tissue surrounding the nipples. Teasing the nipples with your tongue will make the vagina respond to secreate its natural juices to start flowing again. So try at least the two of these foreplay moves and they will help to ensure the natural secretions to flow again and invite the penis back inside of it. My point is to clarify for you... Once the vagina reaches its peak, it needs a break, or lube depending on the female. Every vagina is different, treat them with care and patience and that vagina will purr for the penis all night long! I hope this helps the lovers out there.
|

replied April 13th, 2009
problem
my girlfriend has an irritation after we have sex and it has only been the last 2 months that this has been happening. every time lately we have had sex her vagina lips get swollen or she is soar after everytime. today was the worst i had every sen it the lips were so swollen and i feel so bad i feel like i might be doing somthing wrong or something. the topics on this page seem similar to her problem does anyone have any answers? yes she shaves and all that it doesnt seem to be an allergic reaction but its what it looks like please anyone that knows what is goin on with her get back to me thank you!!!!!!!
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2009
Experienced User
solution
i have that very same problem sometimes and it is caused mostly because me and my bf have alot of sex, and after awhile ill get dry or when hes on top and he'll move his body up more to get in deeper, that may be the cause of your problems or if you men havent shaved then they vagina lips may get anooyed from your hairs touching while theres already friction there.
|

replied April 16th, 2009
maybe that is what it is because when im on top i think my hais might be rubbing her after all the friction and such and today we used lube so that might have helped also. iono thanks for the reply!!!
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2009
Swollen Lips After Sex
I seem to be having the same problem that everyone else here is having! I have been having sex with my boyfriend for about 3 years now and it just started happening the last 2 times we had sex. We didnt use lube the first time and I was a little dry so I figured that is what did it. But we just had sex again today and it reacted the same way even when we used KY. It doesnt hurt necessarily, its just uncomfortable and not a pretty side. Wish I knew what was causing this all of a sudden.
|

replied August 9th, 2011
I have the same problem...this is the first time I've been intimate with a guy and inner lips have almost doubled in size and feels uncomfortable...please say this is just swelling and it'll go down?!
Thank you!
|

replied November 17th, 2009
Experienced User
A few things that may cause this: Rough sex, penis may be too big for you, objects which are not intended to go in vagina, too rough with oral sex!!!!
|

replied November 17th, 2009
does that herpes?
|

replied November 18th, 2009
Hey, I also posted my own topic, but this is what happened to me, except that it wasn't a result of having sex...I was just itching like crazy cause it was sooooooooo itchy (and one of those stupid not thinking about it reactions, then I realized that maybe I was over doing it and saw the same reaction a lot of people here have written, with it being swollen and hanging out.

I'm not sure why? Perhaps what it was dry and then I further agitated it? I'm curious as to people's opinions, and also how long I should allow it to go down before contacting a doctor.

The annoying thing is tomorrow I am going over my boyfriends' (he lives in NY so I don't see him everyday), and I don't really want him to see that or tell him anything if I don't exactly have to. I'm a pretty private person with things like this. Besides, guys never really want to here anything about it anyhow lol. I'm sure most much rather not know if they don't have to. So if it's really nothing and is going to go away on it's own, great, or if there is a way to help make the inflammation go down sooner, that would be even better!!
|

replied November 24th, 2009
Swollen labia after sex
I've recently experienced swollen labia after sex, too. It's never swollen this huge before(3x it's normal size). I am on a new oral contraceptive this month so my period can be back to norm. It's only been a week on the contraceptives. Does anyone know what it may be? It doesn't hurt but is very swollen. Let's hope it goes away soon, I'm freaking out.
|

replied November 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
dont freak out you have probably had to much rough sex or inserting things into the vagina can also cause this....Jenny
|

replied January 11th, 2010
help!
hey erm i am kinda having the same problem i had sex for the second time with my new boyfriend two nights ago and im so sore im finding it extremely hard to sit down or to wear underwear really. one side of my lips is compeltely swollen and so painfull is this just like friction burn or should i go see somone im really scared and confused? Emily x
|

replied January 28th, 2010
too much friction and not enough lubrication can cause that!
|
12 >>
Quick Reply