Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Strange Bleeding

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I am new to this forum and I joined so that I can get some advice.

Lately, whenever my husband and I have sex I bleed for about a day after it. I really don't know what to think about this. I am 20 and we both lost our virginity to each other on our wedding night so I don't think that I have an std. However, my periods have always been a little crazy. I go about 40 days in between and I bleed very heavy and have a lot of blood clots.

I really need some advice on this because I can't go to my dr since I have no insurance atm.

Btw, I went to the dr before I got married (5 months ago) and she said that I was very healthy and that everything looked okay. I am so confused!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2006
Experienced User
Can you go to a free clinic....Or health department? Try family planning also.
|

replied June 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Maybe your really tence when your having sex and it makes you bleed.......But when you orgasm your uterus contracts a little bit and since you say its a while between periods the contractions could be pushing some of the lining of your uterus out.
|

replied June 2nd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
This sounds like it is a penetration issue and perhaps your husand is bumping against your cervix. That can cause some post coital bleeding. I understand you may not have insurance, but there is no way a message board can diagnose or treat you - if it is something, you may want to get it checked, just to be safe.
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks guys. The bleeding has been better lately but I think that if it happens again I am going to go to my Dr.
|

replied August 25th, 2006
musikmaker wrote:
thanks guys. The bleeding has been better lately but I think that if it happens again I am going to go to my Dr.
I honestly have that type of bleeding where it has clots and then its my period. Its really weird. I went to a gyno and they need to do an ultrasound to check for fibroids. Get it check before its too late.. Im a nurse. Im scared out of my mind also cuz the bleeding is reallyl heavy.
|