Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

How Often Do You Feel Your Baby Move? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I am 28 weeks pregnant and I have been feeling my baby move since 14 weeks. The past few weeks she has been moving around constantly! I wonder if she ever sleeps. She wakes me up in the middle of the night almost every night doing gymnastics in my belly. I can feel her legs and feet poking around. So strange! I feel her kick by my ribs, side of my belly and bottom of my belly. She does this throughout my day at work as well. Anyone else feel their baby move around this much? It is definitely entertaining..
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile designerGAL
|

replied May 30th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Wow
That sounds exciting designergal, I cant wait till I feel my baby move too :)
when was ur due date? How have u been doing havent heard from u for awhile too. I just heard my baby's hb today im so happy :)

snowygirl
|

replied May 30th, 2006
Experienced User
Jess
Isnt it amazing shes gettin your ready for when she gets hear an doesnt sleep at night there funny little things
|

replied May 30th, 2006
Wow, I can't wait to feel my little squirt move. I'm 13 weeks now so I still have a little time til i'll be able too :( it must be so exciting to feel the baby move so much.
|

replied May 30th, 2006
How do you know when it's the baby moving and it's not just gas? Lol what's it feel like?

Snowygirl, that's exciting you got to hear the heartbat :) was it the first time? How many weeks are you now?
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi megums1211- the best description I can give is that around 14 weeks it felt like I was having this muscle spasms or twitches in my belly. Kind of like when you get an eye twitch??? Hope that makes sense!
|

replied May 30th, 2006
Lol yeah I think I understand. I just want so bad to feel my baby move that i'm constantly waiting for something that might be a kick or a punch. But i'm a first timer and I really don't know what to expect :) thanks for your help
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2006
Experienced User
I first felt my baby move when I was around 18 weeks. It's such a weird feeling!

Someone described to me once that its like a goldfish bumping into the side of it's bowl. At first it's just little bumps. Then it all goes downhill.
|

replied May 30th, 2006
Experienced User
That's funny you say that...I feel like mine never stops moving either. I am 28 weeks as well...Actually designergal you and I are due at about the same time if I remember correctly! It's very awesome feeling them move so much.

First the "flutters" are so exciting because its the first movement you feel then it seems like every week it gets more and more excting...Then to the kicks then the rolls and now I feel her everywhere...Sometimes it feels like she is going to bust out of both sides of my stomach at the same time! Can feel body parts all the time too! She definetly responds to poking too!

Sometimes I wish I could just get a quick peek to see what position she is in!

Well good luck everyone!
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2006
Supporter
I feel my baby move.. It feels like a couple bubbles form and pop, and sometime it feels like something is juggling, or someone is poking me from within me lol..
|

replied May 31st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My skoot moves constantly so it seems. I am 30 weeks along and .Amelia moves all day long and all night long too. I love to feel her because it really makes me know that she is still alive. You know?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Trust me you definitely know the difference when they really get going in there. Early movement is definitely easy to confuse with gas. It just feels like butterflies or bubbles. But when they really start to move around at first it's like quick light pokes, then they start to beat you up!!! There's no mistaking that first foot or fist in the ribs. :lol:
|

replied May 31st, 2006
Experienced User
Ohhh I cant wait to feel my baby move like that ! I want to start showing so bad too! I see these really prego women and I tell tony I wana look like that alredy! I am 14 weeks and can feel the baby move alot of the time especially when I wake up in the moring its like twitches and flutters from deep inside my belly =0)
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2006
Yah mine is moving and kickin thru out the day too and im 23 weeks. He really likes to move when I sway back and forth at work its quite entertaining, and when im lying down trying to sleep and just after eating. Hehe. The feeling to me feels almost like a long growl of ur stomach when ur stomach is hungry, its kind ahard to explain, but u'll just know when it happens , over and over, u'll be like hey I just felt that like 5 times already today hehe.
|

replied June 2nd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I thought I felt something last night. It's so hard to tell if it's the baby or just something in my stomach, you know? I was laying on my stomach and I definitely felt something. Almost like "hey! You're squishing me! Get up lady!" i'll try it again tonight. I'm going to tell myself it was the baby because i'm getting so jealous of the people who are like "i'm 13 weeks and I felt my baby move!" and i'm past 18 weeks and I haven't felt a thing yet. I can't wait to really feel kicks and jabs!
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2006
Ya well I didnt feel mine move til 19 weeks :p
|

replied June 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
You probably felt it bridget. I've been feeling it since week 16, but I felt a couple of pokes during weeks 12, 13, & 14. Week 16 is when it kicked more frequently and now it kicks pretty much throughout the day. It stops for a couple of hours here and there, but for the most part it kicks. You'll know if it's the baby or gas. It's probably the baby.
|

replied August 2nd, 2008
I felt mine move at 19 weeks and 2 days
I'm almost 20 weeks and i just started feeling the baby move. It was weird i was just laying on the couch one night and i felt like something was wiggling around in my stomach like a worm and it lasted at least 3 or 4 minutes. then the next day i felt it twice but i only notice her move when i am laying down or sitting comfortably...its so amazing...im just hoping soon she will start moving all the time and every day
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I can't barely feel any movements and I'm 18 weeks. In the ultrasound they told me why thought. They said it is because the placenta is in the front wall of my uterus so in order for me to feel a kick, the baby has to kick hard enough it passes the placenta and reaches the skin. So they told me that until the baby is big enough I wont feel the kicks. Sad. But while I don't feel a thing in the ultrasound the baby was very active and moving all over the place. So much she was moving it was sometimes difficult to take the pics.
|

replied July 16th, 2009
i can't wait
i find out if im having a girl or boy today and i can't hardly wait i hope for a girl cause i have an eight year old boy already, i have been feeling my baby move around since about 18 weeks but now im 23 weeks and the movements are so strong now, the only weird thing is that i feel movements all over my belly sometimes i can feel movements in my upper belly and lower belly at the same time my sister n law thinks im having twins what do you think let me know
|
12 >>