Medical Questions > Abortion > Abortion Pro Life Forum

Other Pro Life Issues

We often think of pro life being an abortion/euthinasia related reveloution and for the large part it is, but as people who love and cherish life we also have other responsibilities, so here are a few issues that I believe we must tackel as part and parcel of our pro life message.

1. Nature - looking after it, respecting it and working towards an end to global warming, there can be no life without the planet.

2. Poverty - both domestic and international, poverty is a big cause of illness and death around the world as people with a pro life message we must try to help those on our door step, homeless, unemployed etc and those in other countries.

3. War - we must constantly promote action that is infavour of peacefull solutions, war is contary to the respect of human life, there are never any winners in war, only loosers, those who have lost their life and their families.

4. Racisim - racism and other prejudices are against the dignity of the human person and leads to hatred and resentment of both the person who is being presecuted and the person persicuting. Such resentment can and continues to lead to violence and sometimes killings.

5. Animal cruilty - the respect and dignity we give our animals is a reflection on how much we respect life and nature as a whole, animals should be cared for and given the best life possible until such a time as they are needed for food or until they die.

If you can think of any more issues that the pro life reveloution incorperates into itself as part of preservation of life or as part of the dignity of the human person please share it with us.

Highlighting just what beig pro life entails will give each of us a better understanding of who we are and what angel we are coming from. Abortion and euthinasia are of course the major problems and direct attack on both preservation of life and diginity of the human person, but bringing other issues into the frame also gives us and others an understanding what being pro life is
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Appluads and bows to izzy great post sums pro life up to the tee
|

replied May 30th, 2006
Thanks for the aknowledgemnt ds.

I want to say a few words about the first issue I raised that of looking after our planet.

We have a huge responsiblity towards the planet... Again that pro choice attitude has been running right through humanities attitude towards nature for a very long time "its my planet, I can do what I want with it" but we cant... We arnt the owners of the planet we are the planets guradian, our attitude towards the earth and nature should be to care for and cherish our natural habitat

( I am going to bring my christian understanding of the world around me into it, its who I am and how I relate to the world, so obviously its the best and easiest way for me to get my point across)

obviously we are the "crown of creation" the highest form of life on the planet, now the topic at hand shows how the words of christ are filled with eternal wisdom "the greatest among you must be your servent" as the highest form of life on the planet we have a resposiblity to the earth, to serve it, but we have made it serve us, we have plunded our natural habitat instead of nurturing it, embracing it we have only looked to take from the earth and again christs words ring true in my ears "it is better to give than to recieve" and I think its beyond time we gave something back to the earth.

In christian teaching, with the resurection of christ it wasnt only humanity that was raised up, it was the whole of creation, the world and everything in it became the footstool of christ, almighty god and everyone and everything had to be respected and loved as creatures of god and christians were given the task of bringing this good news along with the fact mankind had been given the opportunity to accept and once again take up our responsiblities as "crown of creation" and become the "new tenants" in his "vineyard"

christ said " I am the saviour of the world"

his teachings certainly support this statement especially in todays world because becoming servents of the world and giving to it instead of recieving from it and plundering our natural habitat is the only way creation can survive... Its no longer a matter of the "right thing to do" its a matter of our salvation.

People say christianity has no meaning, no relevence to our time, if only people would open their eyes
|

replied October 2nd, 2006
I'm surprised that issues within the community haven't been posted.

1] religion [and please, izzy and others, I mean no offence.] people who use religion seem to think that they're going to scare people into never aborting because they say 'god'. Well why is it going to bother a person if they are buddhist or athiest? They don't believe in that god. I'm not saying people shouldn't be religious. That's fine. But these days when people try to use religion, other people think, "oh, great. Not another one," roll their eyes, and keep on walking. I've even heard of a couple of people who were even more for abortion after such occurances.

2] images. Yes, images are a good way to scare people into pro-life, if you're aiming at youths. I became pro-life when I was fifteen because of an image, then later discovered it was likely one of the fake pictures, but by that point I had learned enough on abortion. You wouldn't believe the number of people who are outraged when they realize that the images are fake.

3] attacks. Why is it necessary to attack every person who comes out of an abortion clinic? A mailman received a concusion not long ago after being hit in the head with a rock. It turned out he was pro-life and was simply doing his job to deliver mail. And people wonder why pro-lifers have such a bad reputation.

4] the best debaters on the issue are being drowned out by people who really can't debate well. A teenager can pick out three or four arguments that should or shouldn't have been used in debates. That doesn't mean that every pro-lifer should have a degree in sociology and medicine, but if we focus on finding better debators for the issue, maybe society will finally start listening.

=====+-+-+=====

now to face pro-life on a more positive note.

1] doctors make an oath to preserve life. Abortion is a direct violation of that oath.

2] in my experience, pro-lifers [specifically females] rarely view themselves as being superior to men, nature, or in certain cases, god. I am tired of women declaring that fathers have no right to have an opinion on what happens to their children, simply because they don't have a uterus.

3] there is a huge difference between preventing and destroying life, and most people tend to ignore that. Abortion is the destruction of life, regardless of the stage of the pregnancy. The destruction of life is illegal, but pro-choicers seem to believe that abortion is above the law.

4] if a person isn't ready to be a mother, there are options that don't including killing unborn children. There are many people out there who want to have a child but can't. Or if the father wants to keep the child but the mother doesn't, give the father custody. There are plenty of options that don't involve death.

Well, that's all I have for now.

Again, I mean no offense to those who are religious, but i'm a pro-lifer and I find it quite offensive and irritting when others try to use their religion as defense [or in some extreme cases, offense.]
|

replied October 2nd, 2006
stillherelosers wrote:
dani_robin wrote:
doctors make an oath to preserve life. Abortion is a direct violation of that oath.

but screaming "oath" is going to scare them instead.

dani_robin wrote:
i am tired of women declaring that fathers have no right to have an opinion on what happens to their children, simply because they don't have a uterus.

too bad. Not their body, not their choice. Or do you think men should be able to force women to gestate as well?

dani_robin wrote:
the destruction of life is illegal, but pro-choicers seem to believe that abortion is above the law.

destruction of life is not against the law, moron.

dani_robin wrote:
if a person isn't ready to be a mother, there are options that don't including killing unborn children. There are many people out there who want to have a child but can't. Or if the father wants to keep the child but the mother doesn't, give the father custody. There are plenty of options that don't involve death.

women are not gestation machines for the infertile. Glad to see you are pro punishment and pro baby sales.

get off our forum.
|