Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Help Im Pregnant And I Have a Eating Deisorder

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Hi everyone,
in this section of eating disorders my name is cheslsea im 16 years old im pregnant with my 1st baby and im 4weeks along im due september15th,2004 I have an eating disorder I had over 2years i'm doing ok now i'am eating but something i'm really worried about this pregancy im affriad if I dont eat when im hungry I can hurt my baby I just dont want to kill my baby or hurt my baby I dont know if my anorexica could come back or not im so affraid I have appoiment to see my doctor but im really affraid to go if anybody could try to help me with what im copeing through please help me Embarassed

love always
c*h*e*a*s*l*e*s*a
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 13th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
You have an unusual & delightful name. You have also come along way & you are making some wise choices. Congratulations!! :d

you know you had & therefore could still have a problem & you are seeking help.

Pregnancy is a time when your body is undergoing huge changes & there may be times when you can't eat (morning sickness, which can lsat all day & go for months) so when you can eat do so & when (if) you are ill eat what you can. I had mainly tomato, onion, vinegar, salt & toast for several months with my daughter because that's what I knew I could keep down & what I "craved". Often what you"crave" is what your body (& your baby) needs, so have it within reason - keep away from drugs/alcohol etc!!

If you are worried about your nutrition, take a multivitamin(probably a good idea for you anyway, given your history) also folate (folic acid) which the baby needs now, immediately (nothing to do with eating disorders, just one of the things the baby needs for the first trimester. Also take a high dosage calcium tablet to help you & the baby with teeth & bones etc. You might also take other vitamins as you research like vitamin c to protect you against colds etc. The better your health the better it is for the baby.

Unfortunately anorexia can come back, but you are thinking ahead & seeking help & so I know you'll take help & advice & that you & your baby will be fine. I(f something does go wrong, do not blame yourself, sometimes things happen no matter how healthy the mother.

You do need to see the dr also talk to your dr about the anorexia (even if he/she knows) & your fears. The more information you give your dr the better the dr can help you.

Good luck
|

replied January 17th, 2004
Kari do u have yahoo messenger
|

replied January 18th, 2004
Being Pregnant And Having Eating Disorders
Hey, I really hope you are doing okay, I don't have alot of time to write just now but I wanted to say congratulations on your baby, and on the fact that you can admit you have a problem, somethimes thats half the battle. When I was pregnant I thought of eatting as what I was doing for my baby. I had to eat, exercise, sleep, everything for my baby. All the best for you and your baby. I will write more later.
|

replied January 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Im pregnant right now and I dont have a eating disorder....But with one or without one you will feel big....Its just a part of life....You have to eat hun....To keep you and your baby healthy
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur