Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Sunburn And Ice?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I've recntly started lifeguarding and have gotten a preet bad sunburn on my back, sholders, and feet. Is it ok if I put ice on it? Will ice help it get better faster?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Sunbrun And Ice
Ice will make it feel a little better but that is about it. I use aloe vera instead. You can apply it to where you are sunburn to re-moisturize the dried and burnt surfaces.
|

replied June 3rd, 2006
Ice will make it feel better but it will also make it peel.
|

replied June 21st, 2012
putting ice on a sunburn can lead to frost bite. Best option is cool compress on the affected area. If you can apply aloe vera to the sunburn skin, this can provide soothing relief.
|

replied June 23rd, 2013
Ice will lower the temperature of you skin. Which may reduce redding and the pain. Ice will not give you frost bite from just applying it to the skin. I use ice method only. I have never peeled before from it and when my fiance got burned -very white- they peel everytime with sunburn even trying aloe Vera when I had them use ice method they didn't even peel and got there first tan in there life.
|