Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Quick Changes In High Blood Pressure

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
My friend 30yrs claims that he had high blood pressure. Diagnosed by a doctor who after checking him found he was 170+/90 +-. She prescribed welbutrin and said there is no way this can go down anytime soon without drugs.

Now he claims that after a healthier diet change and regular "hardcore" working out that a week or so later, he has had regular readings since.

Is it even possible to average in the 170/90+- and 10 days later to be averaging in the norm.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I don't think that if he truly had chronic high bp that it could have gone down that quick. It is possible however that he had situational hypertension or that the medication is working for him. BTW, I have never heard of prescribing Wellbutrin (an antidepressant) for high bp.
|

replied September 6th, 2008
My BP was 160/100 a while back. I have been doing a lot of exercise and it's now usually 120/90-100 ... sometimes higher in the evenings.

I figure that getting fitter has helped with the top number - but made no differece to the bottom one.
|

replied December 29th, 2011
He was able to do so because his blood pressure was short term stress induced...Welbutrin definitely helped to inspire exercise over, say, curling up in a cocoon to nap instead
|