Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Urine Smells....different

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
For the last week or so my urine has started smelling very stong and unusual. Like, well, dog pee. I drink plenty of water most days and i'm not experiencing any pain, urgency or frequency. I'm thinking about going to the Dr. For a uti test, but, like many americans, I am extremely underinsured and afraid I can't afford it right now, so it would be great if someone knew something else it could be, or something I can try. Btw, I can't think if anything different that i've been eating and it's not just in the morning, it's all day. Also, the color has not changed, just the smell.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 30th, 2006
Urine Smells Different
I also have noticed a different odor about my urine and I describe it as sour; or like vomit. This smell is not always present but when it is, it is very offensive. I do take a hormone replacement and I am wondering if it could be this or one of my other medications. I have tried to read side effects on my meds but so far I have found nothing, and I have taken the same meds for years. If this continues I plan to go to the doctor......I would be extremely sorry if my body is trying to tell me something and I ignore it. I am a colon cancer survivor...Only because I reacted to early warning signs and went to the doctor. Please reply if you have learned anything. I will do the same.
|

replied July 21st, 2007
Re: Urine Smells....different
mommawave wrote:
For the last week or so my urine has started smelling very stong and unusual. Like, well, dog pee. I drink plenty of water most days and i'm not experiencing any pain, urgency or frequency. I'm thinking about going to the Dr. For a uti test, but, like many americans, I am extremely underinsured and afraid I can't afford it right now, so it would be great if someone knew something else it could be, or something I can try. Btw, I can't think if anything different that i've been eating and it's not just in the morning, it's all day. Also, the color has not changed, just the smell.
could be a medication could be a infection or something.ask a doctor
|