Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Sharp Pain By My Butt

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Well I been having this sharp pain sometimes right by my anus region, it would come sometimes while im at work before but now recently when I wake up I get it sometimes. Im only 26 and have not gone to the doctor yet but am a little scared. Its a fast sharp pain and I get a couple short seconds of it here and there. What could be causing this, I have no other health issues that im aware of. Please some opinions would be wonderful.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper indeeppain
|

replied November 12th, 2005
Sharp Spasm Pain In the Butt
I know exactly how you feel. I am 22 years old and very healthy, "i should hope". But for the past few moths I have been having these really bad pains in my anus area. I don't know what they are but they are sharp and only last a few seconds at a time. The pain will stop me right dead in my tracks, know matter what I am doing or where I am at. I am to scared to go to the doctor. But the pain also accures when any pressure is to go through, for example gas :oops: or when I sit down wrong. Or when i'm just doing nothing it happens. So if any one knows anything or is having the same symptoms plaese leave some feedback.
|

replied November 13th, 2005
Pain In Butt
I work at a surgery center where they do colonoscopy/endoscopy procedures. This same thing has happened to me also. I spoke with the Dr. He said most likely a spasm and to try more fiber in my diet. Several people I know have had this pain. Trapped gas maybe? I've been soooo bloated i'm afraid when it comes out I may send myself to the moon.
|

replied January 28th, 2009
butt
I have had a clear draining at times it makes my butt sore my stomach hurts some to my sister just had cancer removed she is alsom 22 i am scared not sure what to do
|

replied May 21st, 2009
The answer
I was doing some research and I found your answer. But you're not gonna like it..

It's called "levator syndrom". It's caused by a number of factors; sexual activity, fatigue, lower back pain, bowel syndroms, prostate disorders, or even direct contact to your coccyx (tail bone).

The reason you wont like this is because the treatment does require hospital attention. I havn't found anything that gives a home solution.

The treatmen goes as far as a doctor sticking a finger in your rectum, and other means of discomforting anal treatment.

I'm 24, and I get it too. The pain is seriously overwhelming. Maybe in six years I'll get a prostate exam...
|

replied April 10th, 2011
T-T NOOOOO!!~~~ im only 17 i have these pains T-T please no anal probeing
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur