Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Do I Have Ocd?????? Long Explination Sorry

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Please dont laugh

eversince I can remember I have had compultions to do little type rituals all around the number 2.

I have to do things twice, I turn lights on off on so I have turned it on twice and off on off so I have turned it off twice. I swallow in multiples of two, and count things so that they end on a two ie 1 2 1 2 1 2 not 1 2 3 4

i also dont like to blink at other people, so if I am conciouse of blinking I look at the wall or the ski etc and I have to dot at the end of every letter when im hand writting ie everything has to have an end.

I know it all sounds stupid and I know that the world wont end if I dont do it but I cant help it, but I just cant relax until I have. I feel like something horrid will happen even though really I guess I know it wont.

I know I sound like a freak, but I dont look stupid running around doing things twice. I have lived like this for years and I havce found ways of doing my compultions without them effecting everyone, even sometimes without people noticing.

I just dont want to get worse or be like this forever, please can anyone advize me? Is this ocd? Or could it be anything els? What can I do to stop?

Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 26th, 2006
Sounds like ocd to me. Your syptoms remind me of that movie with jack nicholson in it. I can't remember the name of it, but it doesn't sound harmful. Maybe seek counseling or something. Hope everything works out
|

replied May 30th, 2006
Thank you, I think. Dont know if I like being compared to jack nickolson lol hehehehehe
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Umm.. Hi.. Yes it is an ocd.. I have one and it tends to be to a higher extreme. Im not sure I can tell you of how to stop.. The way I stopped was to be cautious of what I was doing and each time try to stop my self.. Sometimes I couldnt.. It felt to good or right. But I was ashamed afterward. Ive been through consouling and on meds. Nothing helped. But finally after ten years I stopped because I focused on it.. The bad thing is now a year later im back to my same habits. I think it my be that old habits dont die. The thing is if you really want to stop maybe a specailist but I think that if it doesnt hurt you or anyone else than it might be ok.. But if it can hurt you maybe speeking to someone in that feild might help. Sorry if my advice was bland but I know it doenst feel good to feel different.
|