Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Non-sexual Painful Sores...

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have sores.. Down there. I'm pretty sure I don't have herpes. I've never had sex and its been a long time since there has even been skin contact there-- plus that person has never done anything with anyone else. The sores sound almost extactly like herpes... The sores make it extremely painful to walk and whenever I sit down it also hurts-- pretty much just anytime I move, the sores give out small amounts of puss and have somewhat of a foul smell. I don't know what to do. I'm 15 and not very close to my mom whenever it comes to personal problems like this. I'm extrememly nervous to talk about it to her but I guess i'm going to have to talk to get an appointment with a doctor. I'm really nervous and I have talked about it with my boyfriend. He doesn't have any sores. I'm scared and confused. Help me, please
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 11th, 2004
Experienced User
Discussing the matter with your mother and visiting your local doctor is your best course of action.

If you are unsure of the exact problem, then raising the possibility of it being an std with your mother adds no value. I would simply explain your symptons to her and arrange the appointment and allow the md/gp to be the judge.

There are other common conditions such folliculitis than can also produce the symptons you have outlined.

Mike
|

I looked at folliculitis... Is it just a case of ingrown hairs? I'm pretty sure its not that. Its more inside.. Where there is no hair. They are cuts and not bumps.
|

Experienced User
Folliculitis results from an infected hair follical and typically produces a very painful redish lump, similar in some respects to acne.

If the folliculitis goes untreated it tends to spread and create areas of skin which can crack much like very dry skin results in small cuts.

It is quite possible that your condition is totally unrelated to folliculitis, which makes seeing your gp a good idea in order to have piece of mind.

Regards

mike
|

Thank you, I appriciate your help.
|
Quick Reply