Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Im Not Sure

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Im 18 and ive been taking birth control for about a month and a half now. And just a little over a week ago me and my bf had unprotected sex, and around the time we had the unprotected sex I forgot to take my pill a couple days and took them at a later time. And 3 or 4 days ago ive started to feel very sick to my stomach all day long, ive throw up a coupletimes. Extreally bad cramps all day. Muscle pains, head aches. And now ive started spotting, it dark brown in color. Ive had a couple people say that I was pregnant, but I went to the hospital and they never said anything about being pregnant, they said a gas problem, but did a urine test. So I have to wait for the results but its driving me crazy waiting. Any feedback would really help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
You have to wait for the results on a urine test? Odd. Have you taken a home pregnancy test at home?
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Re: Im Not Sure
amanda19 wrote:
im 18 and ive been taking birth control for about a month and a half now. And just a little over a week ago me and my bf had unprotected sex, and around the time we had the unprotected sex I forgot to take my pill a couple days and took them at a later time. And 3 or 4 days ago ive started to feel very sick to my stomach all day long, ive throw up a coupletimes. Extreally bad cramps all day. Muscle pains, head aches. And now ive started spotting, it dark brown in color. Ive had a couple people say that I was pregnant, but I went to the hospital and they never said anything about being pregnant, they said a gas problem, but did a urine test. So I have to wait for the results but its driving me crazy waiting. Any feedback would really help me.

you would not have pregnancy symptoms from having sex a little over a week ago. A urine pregnancy test would not show positive yet (even from the hospital!) because it is too soon.

Did you tell the .E.R doctor any of this? Like your history of not taking your birth control pills? When was your last period?

It is important to always take your birth control pills as directed because it can mess up your cycle. You very well could be bleeding because your hormones have been messed up. Some women start bleeding if they've missed their pills by a few hours!

If your period is late, take a home pregnancy test with your first morning urine. If that test is negative, go see your doctor.

Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
She's gearing up for an "im pregate wit qyntz!!!" post.
|

replied May 26th, 2006
Experienced User
I don't even think hospitals have the equipment to show a week old pregnancy.

Brown blood = old blood.

You wouldn't have any symptoms of pregnancy yet.
|