Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Ovulating?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
If I started my period 4 days later than the date I was supposed to , does that me I will probably ovulate 4 days later than usual too??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
No, it does not mean that ovulation will be exactly 4 days beofre ....You can ovulate earlier or a little later . You have the right idea though ! Usually your luteal phase remains the same (varies by a couples of day at the most each month).
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Oh by the way. The reason your got your period 4 days later is because you ovulated later....
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Thanks!
Hey emma2 thanks for your response!!!

So you think that there may still be a chance that I ovulated around 14 days after the first day of my last period, even if my period was late. I hope so, I just hope I didn't ovualte later than I thought. I am having lots of stomach cramps, but the cm is not like it was a week ago when I suspected I was ovulating. I wonder if the cm will change if I did in fact become pregnant a week ago?????? Thank you so much for your advice.

-court1
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
If you have a 14 day luteal phase then yes. Your luteal phase doesnt change. It is fairly consistent. What varies the most is ovulation.
|
Tags: Pregnancy, period
Quick Reply