Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pains

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I'm having some sharp pains in my lower tummy, in the front. They come sometimes when I laugh or cough, but mostly when I sit... Especially if it's in a low seat.

It's not exactly cramps... And i'm not sore like muscles are stretching or whatever. Is this ligaments stretching or something I should worry about?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: Pains
lalee wrote:
i'm having some sharp pains in my lower tummy, in the front. They come sometimes when I laugh or cough, but mostly when I sit... Especially if it's in a low seat.

It's not exactly cramps... And i'm not sore like muscles are stretching or whatever. Is this ligaments stretching or something I should worry about?

i get them too it could be the leguments or baby laying on something I will be 22 weeks tomorrow..And im haven a boy..And how far along are both of you.. Good luck to you both
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Thanks for the replies... That's what I figured, but sometimes you just have to check. Lol.

I'm 26 weeks. :d
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
This is ligament pain. Your tummy and uterus are stretching a lot during this time. I'll bet you've also noticed you are growing faster and faster as the days wear on, huh?

Pains are common. If they cause too much discomfort, please contact your doctor.
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Yeah, i'm thinking it's completely normal cuz I am having that too when I sneeze.
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Omg im with u meg... It feels like my stomache is ripping when I sneeze !!!
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Lol when it happened to me the first time, it hurt so bad that I immediatly went to the bathroom to make sure my insides hadn't fallen out ! It felt like something tore me apart.
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Yep... Thats exactly how it feels.. !!
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Ha ha. Pregnancy does some crazy things to your body... Some of this crap I never expected. But it's all worth it for my little squirt :)
|