Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Period Or Miscarriage??

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Ok to give a little background on my situation...I am married and trying to conceive. As of the 28th of dec. I have had a so called period(earlier than my expected period)....But it is different. I normally have no pain during my period and my blood loss is always the same...This time I have had dark blood with a very foul smell to it. The frequency of the loss has not been enough to use tampons much but it has continued well beyond the normal span. Could there be a problem such as miscarriage or infection...I have had no fever...And there is no worries of std's. Should I be worried and go see a doc or what??!!
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper LISAMARIE
|

replied January 12th, 2004
See a Doctor!!
Katriel,
I definately would see a doctor!! I just recently had a misscarriage and if I would have found out a couple days before I probally would have thought it was just my period. I guessing that it is quite common for women not to know they are pregnant and have what they think is there period but really end up misscarring!! If you are really worried I would go, you don't want something to be wrong in the future when you could have prevented it.
Lisa
|

replied January 12th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Im a youngin...16 and prego, but its very likely that you could even be spottin and pregnant. I had an abnormal period in the first month of my pregnancy and the color and scent sometimes come along with it.

Much love,molly,indiana
|

replied August 23rd, 2006
Me Too..
I had an 'accident' and we decided we'd love a baby right now so if it was meant to be it was meant to be, so I didnt take the morning after pill..(this is the 7th)
after about 10 I was experincing nausea, sore breasts, left abdominal pain, headache, I was hungry a bit more, heart burn, sleeplessness, fatigue, sore lower back, stuffy/runny nose...
So today its the 23rd, yesterday I had 2 small spots of bleeding so small I could barely see it, and today i'm bleeding like a normal period but it'd be early (if i'm not pregnant). I've never been early or late in my life.. I'm 6 months off depo provera, and when I got off my first period lasted 2 months and then it went back to normal timing, lenght, strength (i could write my heavy days a year in advance on my calender).
So is it my progestrone being weird and maybe me miscarry? Did I miscarry? Or whats up? I'm not stressed or anything I cant think of any reason my period would be off if its not a miscariage...Help!
|

replied August 23rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Re: Me Too..
babywitch85 wrote:
i had an 'accident' and we decided we'd love a baby right now so if it was meant to be it was meant to be, so I didnt take the morning after pill..(this is the 7th)
after about 10 I was experincing nausea, sore breasts, left abdominal pain, headache, I was hungry a bit more, heart burn, sleeplessness, fatigue, sore lower back, stuffy/runny nose...
So today its the 23rd, yesterday I had 2 small spots of bleeding so small I could barely see it, and today i'm bleeding like a normal period but it'd be early (if i'm not pregnant). I've never been early or late in my life.. I'm 6 months off depo provera, and when I got off my first period lasted 2 months and then it went back to normal timing, lenght, strength (i could write my heavy days a year in advance on my calender).

So is it my progestrone being weird and maybe me miscarry? Did I miscarry? Or whats up? I'm not stressed or anything I cant think of any reason my period would be off if its not a miscariage...Help!

there is not enough information. When did you have sex? Was it unprotected? When is your period due?

If you are concerned about pregnany, take a test. It sounds like this is your period though.
|

replied March 12th, 2009
just putting my nose & giving my advise
sounds like your body just getting back to normal after the depo provera to be honest i have been off depo now for 15months & my periods were when ever they decided to come they started to be more regular but my last period lasted 2-3weeks was alot & also painful & i never used to have pain i put it down to depo was wearing off & i was rite because the next month i found out i was pregnant. but my opinion would be to everyone if you have a problem its always better to talk to your docter because at the end of the day we arnt docters.hope my situation helps others & good luck to all.xx
|

replied January 16th, 2012
Okay so I have been on the pill for about a year and a half and I have been with my boyfriend for just over 2 years, we have never used any other protection other than the pill, and recently I have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms -Sleeplessness, fatigue, dizzyness, a little weight gain, tender breasts, a little nausea, drinking and urinating a lot more, but I have just started on my week of dummy pills(I didn't stop taking my pills just in case I'm not pregnant) I finish taking my pills on the Friday and started my dummies on the Saturday, and I've always come on my period either the next Monday or Tuesday, but this time I went to the toilet on the Saturday night and when I wiped there was some blood on the tissue, not enough to show in my underwear but enough to come out on the tissue, it stopped when I went to bed that night and didn't start again till the next afternoon(It isn't enough to wear a pad) there was a few clots in it this morning(They were little darker red blobs of blood in the other blood so I think thats clots) so I was hoping someone could help me, I don't know if its just an early light period or I was pregnant and I'm miscarrying(I have had a slight pain for a few minutes, but it wasn't too bad, just a like light period pains)
Thanks
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2012
i Need Help
HELP!! I Statred My Period Nov 20 and it ended on the 25th I'm Nt Posd to b due for my next period til december 15th but strangly I came on December 6th It was Brown spottin on the 5 and I didn't trip but on the 6th it was more brown so I waitd a few hrs and den I seen red but it wasn't a light red it looks as if it was a dirty red but not like a regular period pluse iv never been nomore than 1 day early .anyway this spotting has continued & its only there when I wipe (TMI) I Had Sex On The 26. OF NOVEMBER like 3 time 4 at the most ..point is I'm nt ssure if this is a early period or a sign of pregnancy & I'm crampin really bad but there are no blood clots & my nipples are sore ..but I'm nt sick or anything..I hope somebody can help me ....thanks
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh