Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Hot Ears And Face! (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I was diagnosed with anxiety a few months ago.

When I feel stressed, my ears get really hot, like a fever.
Is this normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper TanyaRose
|

replied June 3rd, 2006
This is a very common symptom of anxiety.I get a warm chest and
warm head.This is because your blood is to hot.It is caused by
too much epinephrine (adrenalin) in the bloodstream.This also causes emotional disorders.
|

replied February 19th, 2009
could this also be caused from an allergic reaction. I have this and no doubt is stress related, but sometimes I wounder if it could also be from an alergy?
|

replied February 25th, 2009
happens all the time..
yeah my ears and face get hot too and turn red sometimes. it's a real drag.
|

replied June 4th, 2009
"Hot, stingling red(flushed) face and ears.
I get a tingling feeling, and I can feel the warmness moving from my neck and ears. I end up with a very red and painfully hot face. It looks like a very bad sun burn, feels like one to. I have not ate anything, no emotional distress, no new foods, or med. I am in air conditioned off. I will have a very clear and defined line on my neck and chest. It looked like I stuck my head in a bath of hot water. It can last from one hour to four hours. I already been through the change. This started about 10 years ago and at first was though I developed an allegery - test say I an not allergic. It seems to be getting worse. Help
|

replied February 4th, 2012
^ exactly same symptoms. Help.
|

replied June 5th, 2009
i have this also mainly in the winter but sometimes in summer my ears sometime just one will look like a fire engine iam sure this has to be anxiety for i suffer badly with it
|

replied November 25th, 2009
I get the same thing. My face and ears turn really super red and I get horribly dizzy. this has been happening for a year and doctor's tell me that they don't know what it is.
|

replied November 26th, 2009
chemical imbalance
This is anxiety and stress. My ears get deep pink. As was mentioned, it is excess of a particular chemical in the body. Guys, trust me, this is a result of severe anxiety. I suffered from this and had problems in concentrating, felt dizzy, could not feel happy despite trying to be normal. I felt as if I was in a boat(rocking sensation, which is somatic). It is a chemical imbalance and if all else fails, please go to the right psychiatrist(no matter what people say). They wont understand your problems, but I do. You will be fine then.
|

replied March 3rd, 2010
Red ears can also be a symptom of perimenopause and menopause better known as "hotflashes". And you dont need to be old. Perimenopause can begin as early as 28 and menopause can begin anytime between 40-50. So for the ladies out there, watch your symptoms and check with your dr. my ears,face and neck began gettin red about 11 yrs ago. im 48 and full blown menopause,the red stuff happens all the time. but please, if you think yours is from something else, please get checked.
|

replied April 28th, 2010
hot flushed ears
Hey I suffer from a mild rosacea. I went to a derm and he prescribed me this special cream, thank god for my benefits, this cream is over 100$ but has done wonders!!!

Metrocream with Hydrocortisone Powder 0.5% 60GM MIX

My ears would flush everyday sometimes for minutes or hours and left me very self conscious. I use it twice daily, one when i wake up after a shower, and once before i go to bed. I still get flushing of the ears but not as much or long as i use to. Stress brings out your flushing from rosacea. I also use it on my face to help the "butterfly" or sunglass burn rosacea.
|

replied May 1st, 2010
indoor temperatures unhealthy
I get this same problem when I am in the city especially when dealing with people who are talking to me directly, like in an interview or something and then I will feel very vulnerable suddenly like they are looking right through me and then I will feel this gush of blood rushing through my face and I will get hot and very uncomforteable when they see it. Lately I am starting to have nose bleeds and ear popping sensations and have an overwhelming need to return to the countryside where I was brought up. I am always uncomfortable indoors because I find everyone else has adjusted to temperatures that are too hot and stuffy, but when I got outside I feel relief.
|

replied May 3rd, 2010
i have very bad burning sensation in my face and my ears are hot does anyone no what it is
|

replied November 21st, 2010
Red ears, face, anxiety caused by sulfite allergy
Hi

Ive had hot ears, back of neck associated with anxiety at random times for a few years. Usually after wine, beer, prawns, salmon, etc. It responds to antihistamine tablets after 40min-1hr. It began to get worse and even though Im a doctor myself I couldnt figure it out. Initially my allergy team thought I had systemic mastocytosis, but it turned out in the end I had an intolerance to Sodium Metabisulfite and suddenly everything made sense. This preservative is in everything and your reaction to it depends on how much you expose yourself-even up to 48hrs later.
|

replied February 4th, 2012
RED EARS... HOT!!! SUPER RED FACE... KINDA RED ALL OVER... HELP!
Never Ever Ever had this in my life. Recently i was driving to work, and my Ears felt Hot... Real Hot. Looked int he mirror my Whole face and neck we're Turning Red. Dark Dark Red. Freaking out, went to walgreens pharmacy where i work and i took liquid benadryl almost like 30 minutes later i started clearing up in the face, but not my ears... and i felt warm internally alll day. i had recently been taking a diet pill and they said it must be an allergic reaction to that.. 4 days later. im at a party drinking... Same thing happens, i had no taken any pills or anything different in my habits. So Clearly this is all Anxiety ? Or is it Rosacea?
|

replied February 23rd, 2012
my ear and face turn hot and red infront of mass and while talking with people.i feel so embarassing by this and also because of this i am not able to talk no more.sometimes my heart suddenly pounded a lot as if it gets out of my chest.my bp is also normal.this starts like 1 year before.can somebody plz say me the tips that how can i get ridd of it or what medicine should i need to take or any reamedy for this problems.
|

replied September 25th, 2012
It is anxiety... ALL anxiety. I have been suffering for a LONG LONG time. I am 25 and have had anxiety for over 15 years! GREAT FUN. I go from being totally normal to having a feeling that I am about to die. Right nowas I sit here my neck and ears are unfire. Scary and it sucks but its nerves and it doesnt need to come with warning. It is not allergies. AND the more you dwell on the feeling you get hotter and hotter. I am 6 months pregnant and I was on Prozac 10 mg befor I got pregnant and lived pretty normal. I CANT WAIT TO HAVE THIS BABY N GET BACK ON MY MEDS. I hate taking meds BUT just like a person who has high blood pressure needs meds SO DOESNT ppl with anxiety. I suffered many years without meds and now I am counting the days till I can get back on them... Anxiety is very scary but it is very common and just know you are not alone.. Smile
|

please look below, it did not link to you?
|

lightheaded / hot face& ears / sweating underarms/ fast hear
@TanyRose, I have a very stressfull job and have had some family issues going on in the past. I have been getting lightheaded for approximately 3 years now and all test have came back normal. My family doctor has just told me in the past month to find a Phycol. Dr. and see if it is now panic attacks and or anxiety that I am dealing with. ??? I am at a loss. I am sure that after dealing with the lightheadedness this long, I DO HAVE ANXIETY since the doctors cant seem to find anything causing it. Have you or anyone else on here ever been lightheaded with anxiety problems. I am sorry to sound ignorant to this but I have only just found out about anxiety and trying to get more information on/about it. Thanks for any help
|

Hi Mark,
YES I have had MANY feelings from being light headed, burning skin, to shaking, sick to my stomach, heart palpitations, stiff muscles... I BEEN THERE!!!! Sad It is anxiety and YES seeing someone for help is helpful. Also I have tried SO SO SO many medications and HATED them all accept prozac. I was on the lowest dose and it worked great for me. I tried others and they made me feel either like a zombie or drugged. I have kids and need to be alert. I needed meds to help me to live a normal life. Anxiety is a disability and often you need a medication to HELP. You also do need to learn to recognise when that feeling comes on that it is ONLY anxiety and it will pass. DONT LET the feeling take over. It is not an illness .. IT IS ANXIETY. I promise you. I get these symptoms alllll the time. I feel like I am dying. I have had every test done known to man and never nothing to worry about. BUT i leave the doctors and want to go back the next day cuz I fear they missed something. Try and control those feelings and if you find it hard to do then you should try and find a med that works for you. Understand you are not alone and alot of people have these problems.
|

Thanks, I have been looking at the internet so much lately, that I am even more stress now. haha I hope this stuff will pass, and THANKS for the information. I also have kids and I need this crap to stop so I can go back to having fun with them and quit ruining their time and ours for the fear that something "bad" is happening or going to happen to me
|

replied September 26th, 2012
HEY GUYS CAN YOU HELP ME OUT... HOW DO I POST A QUESTION ON HERE? ITS A DIFFERENT QUESTION. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH WHAT THEY ARE NOW THINKING IS PUPP RASH ASSOCIATED WITH PREGNANT WOMEN AND I WANTED TO POST THE QUESTION SOMEWHERE IN THIS WEBSITE TO HOPEFULLY GET SOME GOOD FEEDBACK ABOUT THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING WITH THIS PREGNANCY. CAN ANY OF YOU HELP ME ON HOW TO POST THAT? THANKS A BUNCH!
|

replied September 30th, 2012
Its anxiety...I've been dealing with panic disorder since 2009...very scary for me and still is...I feel as if im going to die or lose it...my symptoms are different everytime sometimes my ears and face get hot or my head...ill get a twitching above my ear...tightness around head like a band...feels like I cant breathe...racing heart...body zaps...feeling very cold especially in my hands and feet...ears ringing...lightheaded..etc..and I still freak out when I have one...no matter what u gotta say to urself u will not die...even thoi it feels like it...I stay away from caffeine...my weakness is choc.(whos ain't)...when I eat it look out ,ause it triggers it 10 times worse
|
12 >>