Medical Questions > Nutrition > Atkins Diet Forum

Appetite Suppressants

I need to lose 60 pounds. I am a 35 yr old female who gained 60 lbs over the past 4 yrs due to anti-depressants like paxil and effexor.

Now my doc said he will give me adipex for weight loss. I can't wait to take it and get started !! I know it is not the healthiest choice, but it is only temporary until I lose the 60 lbs, and then learn a new eating lifestyle.

I also suffer fro depression. I sarted taking wellbutrin xl.

Any comments ideas are welcome.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper spitak
|

replied May 20th, 2006
Gaining weight is easier than loosing it & 60lbs is allot to loose... It will be very hard work & a complete change of lifestyle is needed! Your depression will certainly have a hold on how well you stick to your new lifestyle - it's all well & good to have pills from the dr but is your mind mentally ready - are you motivated! I have pcos & have suffered loads with weight gain, tried every magic potion there is but at the end of the day calorie counting & lots of exercise is the only way! Even then it's hard work & a long haul but i'm sure you can do it... Just think if you try really hard & loose 2lb per week you could have that 60lb off by the end of the year & you will feel so different it might even help with the depression! Good luck... Xxx
|
Did you find this post helpful?