Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

black eye and blood spot on eye

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
Hi, i'm a highschool student, and got jumped at school and I came out of it, with a black eye on my left eye. Ive been icing it and stuff, and it isnt swollen, but there is a blood spot on my eye and its been there for almost a week. It is about 1/4 inch tall and comming from the side of my eye, all the way accross and is about 1mm away from my pupil. I can take a picture if needed. I dont know what to do, I reasherched for about 5 minuts and found I should probably get some medical attention, but today is my brithday and im doing alot of stuff, is it important I see a doctor, or will it be ok? Can I go blind or somthing if I dont?

Thanks,
joe sawicki
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Well I had a friend that got jumped on in high school and her eye got a red spot in it looked like a blood spot. She had to go to the doctor, I believe he gave her something for it and it cleared it up but it took it about a week or two.
|

replied May 21st, 2006
Oh, yeah. I went to the doctor, and the lady who looked at me said it was just broken blood vesles. She didn't do anything to it, she said it would clear up on its own. Im glad I went though because now I know im ok.
Peace out
|

replied May 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
Good to hear :)
|