Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

Hep C And Drinking Wine On Weekends...ok?

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
My partner has had hep c for probably 25 years (used to use drugs in late teens/20 yrs old and was diagnosed in early 1990s)...She has no symptoms or anything as far as I can tell, and she likes to indulge in 2 glasses on wine on fridays with dinner, and 2 stubby type things of cider or a whisky & coke on saturday nights.

I worry about this, as I think people with hep c should have no alcohol at all.

Do you think this could accelerate any liver problems? Could she already have problems and we just don't know?

She's not had any tests done since around 2000, which i'm also not happy about, but she's passively stubborn...*sigh*
Did you find this post helpful?
|