Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Ear Popping!!!!! (Page 1)

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
My ears pop when I swallow and yawn. The thing is I have to unpop them. I have to pinch my nose and suck in. And this have been bothering me for years. I recently had my tonsils out so when I drink they pop and when I yawn they pop. And it hurts really bad. Is it bad for me to have my ears keep popping. It hurts alot and it hurts to yawn. Does this affect my throat? Is my constant ear popping normal? Could it have somthing to do with allergies or somthing.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Underwaterkiss
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Hi
Do you have any jaw problems? I have tmj and my ears pop when I yawn and swallow- just a suggestion!
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Jaw Problems
I dont have any jaw problems that I know of. Is this something that I should get checked out?
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Well, it's up to you. My jaw has popped for years and my ears, but the last 3 months have been really bad from stress and tooth grinding. I actually thought I had an ear infection, but it would mysteriously stop hurting then start again. It was jaw the whole time and it gets really sore- my ears have been popping like mad today. When you had your tonsils out the surgeon might has over-extended your jaw. Your jaw joint might not hurt right now, but it could eventually. I would recommend going to either your dentist or general practictioner to get a referral for a good oral surgeon whole specializes in tmj. Just some suggestions! Hope this helps- amanda
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Ear Popping
Can anyone help set my mind at ease, I have been having constant ear popping. I have currently moved to a location where I am at a high altitude and am in the desert and since about april I have been having alot of allergy problems as well as sinus infections, which is something I have never suffered from before. I have been to the hospital and urgent care back to back and they say allergy is all it is but with the claritin everyday I am still having the problem. I am currently on flonase and levophaxin and still having the problem, they have looked in my ears and have seen no sign of me having ear infections. Does anyoen else have this??
|

replied July 15th, 2007
I too had this and still do to a certain extent. I had sinus surgery performed after a CT scan revealed chronic sinusitis and I think what they called impacted sinus cavity. The ear popping mostly went away and I think the rest has to do with allergy.
|

replied July 16th, 2007
Ear Popping
Thanks for the reply, I have been so worried I thought maybe I was losing my hearing at such a young age the reassurance makes me feel better sometimes thats all I need. I myslef had a ct scan and have not yet recieved the results so I will found out soon. If it is just allergys then they maybe want me to start taking allergy shots once a week!! Great... Thanks so much
|

replied November 13th, 2007
Popping Ears
Just writing in here to let you all know that I've joined the group... Sad

I've just started having this very infrequent popping in my left ear about a month ago. It's a bit scary and pretty annoying, and now my ear stared to become a bit painful as well, while popping. I guess I might as well go to see my GP, she might be able to help. Weird stuff...
|

replied June 12th, 2008
I have same problem over a year now my ear pops. Nothing helps cold areas make it worest and air fans, vents make it worest. Try to chew gum that can help to pop but other then that I also need help. Ent said oh nothing wrong it will go away by it self a year later still bothering me.
|

replied June 12th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Ear, nose and throat are all combined together. I would seen an ENT after all these year of it bothering you. Could be wax build up or anything simple.
|

replied June 17th, 2008
Don't know if I should post this or not but here goes...

Bunch of years ago, I had a similar problem, ears popping all the time... I didn't realize it at the time but my hearing was really degraded.

My aunt was visiting at the time, she got me to lay down and she filled one ear with peroxide (warmed a little in the microwave). Took an hour or so with a few fills per ear but eventually the ear wax breaks down and drains into the throat. The cracking and popping is a bit unnerving while the peroxide works it's magic.

I still do this every six months. I haven't had an ear infection in years and the cracking doesn't happen anymore til I need it done again. My hearing is the best it's ever been Smile
|

replied March 22nd, 2009
help me im kind of scared....
my years are hurting like crazy and popping all over the place i tild my mam but she wont beileve me should i see a gp ?
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
I have had ear trouble my whole life im 22 now i have terrible sinus problems my ears have popped when i swollowed for many years and still do most people that have this has bad sinuses and is prone to ear infections i think the popping may be from fluid build up behind the eardrum after taking anitbiotics the popping stops then when fluid builds back up it would pop again im used to it so it dont bother me dont get scared about it though if it bothers you that bad see an ent doc if you let it bother you then it will
|

replied June 30th, 2009
my right ear pops and clicks when i jog or walk can this be from jaw misalignment
|

replied July 2nd, 2010
ear popping
My son's ears have been bothering him for along time... it happens when he goes in water and it seems to be for no reason. I have taken him to the doctors but they say nothing is wrong. Thanks for reading.
|

replied May 14th, 2011
How do i stop my ears from popping every time i yawn or swollow!
i have been having constant ear popping BUT i dont have any ear infections or any of that! but i do think i have jaw misalignment! could this be cause cause of ear wax or something I DONT KNOW! what do i do. who should i see!! ! its bothering me and my jaw hurts from trying to pop my ears constantly!! HELP!! i really want this gone!!!
|

replied September 8th, 2011
grommets
i have exactly the same problem, i'm 16 and have had ear problems all my life. Last year i went to have grommets put in both my ears because i had, had enough. I couldn't hear properly and my ears kept popping all the time, i also found it quite embarrassing having to hold my nose and suck in all the time. The grommets were fine and made me hear much better i was really impressed, but now almost a year on and the grommets have come out, i have to go back to the hospital yet again to get my grommets placed back in my ears, my hearing has gone down yet again so i guess i will have to keep having this operation for the rest of my life, unless there is another treatment i can have. I also had my adenoids taken out, i actual don't know anything about them but what i do know is that they are placed at the back of the nose. Smile To to your GP! pester him/her untill he send you to get grommets! good luck!
|

replied January 16th, 2012
This totally scares me. I have the exact same problem. Every time I yawn or swallow too hard, my ears pop like crazy, and I have to hold my nose and suck in, to make it un-pop. I seriously thought I was the only one. Smile I don't know what to do..help anyone?
|

replied January 17th, 2012
ear
same problem here i have it now for 2 year's im 17.
i had it after i had panic attacks it sudenly started.
i stil did not go to doctor don't know what to do.
maybe it's not that bad
i tought to be the only one to =)
|

replied January 18th, 2012
lol, yes, I'm 17 years old right now, but I've had this ever since I was like 13? 14? A long time ago. It's so embarrassing. I didn't go to the doctors either, because I just thought it had to be normal, but now my ears are starting to hurt, and I'm going more deaf. I'm not sure what I should do as well. Very Happy
|

replied January 21st, 2012
I have it too, everytime i swallow or yawn. Unfortunatly i also have a loud ringing to go along with it. Gp was usless and from what i have heard, so are ent.
|

replied July 9th, 2012
ear popping
hi my father has this too been suffering for years h is now 70 and finally going to see ent i think it could be his sinusses too but i will post update on the sixteenth of this month to let ya all no outcome and ty everyone
|
12 >>