Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Asthma Forum

Any One Else In Such a Mess At 47???

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
Hello every one
i'm only 47, and have chronic asthma, depression permenant c.O.A.D chronic sinusitus, emphysema, osteoperosis in my back and ribs, thus causing rib fractures just about every time I cough Embarassed ( I have about 5 at the moment !) I am in constant pain day in night out,...Have been on so many meds it would make your head spin Laughing had to have a total hysterectomy at 33, and cannot take hrt as i'm allergic to it (ha! Trust me) Mad I know i'm dying a slow and painful one !! But the other day my 74yr old mom was also diagnosed with emohysema...

Just wondering if anyone else out there is in such a mess ! Or if anyone could offer any advice ??? I always try to keep my chin-up as I believe there is always someone worse off than yourself !!
Thank you for listening, shirley :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2004
I Know How You Feel
Hi shirely,

my name is shannon, and I am a 31 year old mom, of two young children. After having my second child at 30, my life turned upside down. I litteraly hurt from head-to-toe. My reasoning was that I was on bed rest for 6 to 7 months, and that it was just going to take time to adjust to everyday, normal activities again. For a year, I lived in constant pain before I went to the doctors at my husbands request. First they thought it was my thyroid, but after about 5 different test...They said that, it was not my thyroid. Finally, I went to a different doctor per my obgyn's request and found that my heart was not beating correctly. He sent me to a cardiologist that day. In about five days, that cardiologist sent me to a different cardiologist to see about having surgery. But they would not consider the surgery at first and I had to wear a monitor for 30 days. When I went in for the results, they found that I had a congential heart defect that I was born with. All these years it never showed up, even during the births of my two children, and minor surgeries during childhood and adulthood. Basically, I have an extra artery that makes my heart beat very fast, and causes stress to my body. They put me on heart medication, and now five months later, I am just now starting to feel like myself.

During the time that I was being tested...I learned many different things that was actually causing harm to my body and to my children. I started to take notice to the different foods that I ate, and the different products that I used in my household that actually cause damage to the body. They can cause allergies, asthma, fibromyalgia, eczema, chronic fatigue, cancer, and many other illnesses and aliments. I found that part of my problems came from not only my heart, but from what I was putting into my body. I now only eat organic foods, and I only use all natural products in my home. I know that it won't cure my heart condition, and that damage was caused to my heart that I can't reverse. But I also know that I can change and small changes can make a big difference.

I hope that things get better for you.
|

replied April 22nd, 2004
I'm With You!
My problems aren't as severe as yours, but i'm a mess at 51. I have had a silent heart attack, which left me with mitral regurgitation and reduced ability to do anything strenuous. I have allergies to cats, molds, dust, and most pollens, so i'm reacting all year even on multiple allergy meds. I have asthma, triggered by...My allergies, of course. I have chronic sinusitis and high blood pressure. I have urethral polyps...And getting those checked every year is not fun. I have gastroesophageal reflux from all the coughing. I have diabetes, well controlled by a strict diet. Finally, I have some yet-undiagnosed liver inflammation, not hepatitis a, b, c, or d, causing elevated liver enzymes.
|

replied April 23rd, 2004
Experienced User
I'm only 26 and have a world of problems myself. The only thing I can thank god for is that none of them are fatal! I suffer from constant headaches, sometimes they are migraines, sometimes tension, and sometimes sinus. I have chronic sinus problems that partially stem from sensitive sinuses and a deviated septum, but mostly from the yearly allergies that I have. (sounds like we have the same allergies shirley). I am on shots for them, but haven't seen too much of a result yet. I have gerd, a very sensitive stomach and am also lactose intollerant. Let's see.. Oh I also have bad feet and chronic tendonitis and bursitis in my hip and shoulder. Wow we're a amess! (at least I am anyway). I also have high cholesterol, but i'm not worried too much about that because I have no other risk factors and everyone in my family who has had high cholesterol is either alive and healthy, or died of other causes than heart problems. I've had most of my problems for the better part of my life so I have pretty much adapted to them by now. Every now and then several things act up at once and that is when I am most misearble. Sometimes I don't notice any of them on good days. Otherwise I always keep ibuprofen on hand, but even then I don't like taking meds unless I have to because constant use can give you a dependcy on it.. Even over the counter..
|

replied June 19th, 2004
Numerous, Seemingly Unrelated Problems
You can probably fix most of your problems if you:

1. Buy this book: 'the allergy and asthma cure" by fred pescatore, md (wiley, 2003) it's available at many bookstores, about $25; cheaper on the 'net.

2. Read it thoroughly.

3. Follow pescatore's directions.

Conventional approaches to your problems have failed you. This will greatly help. Good luck.
|

replied October 25th, 2004
47 And a Mess- a Brush With Darkness
Yep! I read this book this week called a brush with darkness about a woman who was perfectly fine until the age of 47 and then suddenly lost her eyesight. Her recovery process and ability to overcome the deficit by learning to paint is remarkable. Check it out at Lisafittipaldi.Com and you will think that going downhill at 47 is nothing!!
|
Quick Reply