Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Think I Am Pregnant, Hpt's Are All Negative. (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I have missed by now 9 days. I took 3 hpt , one the day after my missed period, then 3 days after that and today I took one. They were all neg. I am having pregnancy symptoms like nausea, dizziness, mood swings and my breasts are slightly tender. If I am I would be a little over 5wks. Has anyone experienced this before? I am going to my doctors next week but I am scared that it will be negative. If it is then what else could cause this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper makilahh
|

replied May 18th, 2006
Experienced User
Well is sounds like your pregnant because of the late period and signs ,but sometimes if your stressed or eating different or exercising alot it can make you late. Hope your preggo though : )

:: baby dust ::
|

replied May 18th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
This is the answer I never found when this was happening to me, pregnancy tests can come out negative even when you are pregnant. After missing my period I took a test about every 5 days, or something like that, I took three tests in total that all came out negative. I was really confused because at one point I was like "it's been 50 something days since my last period and they say pregnancy tests are 99.9% accurate so I can't be pregnant, but then where the heck is my period." I went to the clinic to get blood work done, so they could test like that, but they said I should do a urine test first to see if something would come up now. So she did one which came out positive, then another one because after it came out positive she checked the date on the box and it had expired, but the second one came out positive too. And I was already to her calculations like 7 (i think?) weeks along. If you read the instructions inside hpt's you'll see they are only 99.9% accurate if they come out positive. So if you get a positive you can be 99.9% sure you are pregnant but that is not the case if it comes out negative. I figured I had to be pregnant because there really was no other logical explanation, so all the negative tests really confused me. If your period isn't here in a couple of days you should test again, and if that is negative get an appointment to get a blood test done. Sometimes your body is the best indicator there is. Good luck and tell us (when you find out) if you are pregnant or not!
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Well I went a women center and they wont give me a blood test. So they gave my a urine test. It was bfn!! Then I ask the nurse what else would give me this symptoms. She said I might be getting the flu and to got see a doctor. I am getting frustrated because if it is not pregnancy then what is it. I have to wait to see a doctor. My appt is june 5th. Hopefully I will get some answers or my period will show up.
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah it's crazy. The same thing happened with me, their just like "if the urine test isn't picking it up then you aren't pregnant." and I was just thinking I have to be or I would have had my period by now! In june is that when you are getting blood work?
Try not to get frustrated! Are you wanting a baby?
|

replied May 22nd, 2006
I started spotting today. I wasn't trying to get pregnant but I was not preventing it. I think my boyfriend got in my head. He said he is not convinced until my next period. He wants another child more than me.
|

replied May 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Okay well I had spotting when I was infact pregnant, it was implantation bleeding. So did you get your period like normal or did it stop with just spotting?
|

replied May 24th, 2006
I have been spotting for about 3 days now. I went to the doctor on tuesday. They gave me another urine test, which was bfn. I asked the doctor if it comes back neg would I get a blood test. She said that there urine test can very sensitive to hcg levels, so if u had any it would show. I got a blood test but it is only to check my hormone levels. She also did a pap and pelvic exam. She said everything feels and looks normal. I will wait to see what the test says. I'm scared that it might be something more serious than pregnancy. I am going to get a second opinion on the 5th of june. But only time will tell. I will keep u posted.
|

replied May 24th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: Think I Am Pregnant, Hpt's Are All Negative.
makilahh wrote:
i have missed by now 9 days. I took 3 hpt , one the day after my missed period, then 3 days after that and today I took one. They were all neg. I am having pregnancy symptoms like nausea, dizziness, mood swings and my breasts are slightly tender. If I am I would be a little over 5wks. Has anyone experienced this before? I am going to my doctors next week but I am scared that it will be negative. If it is then what else could cause this?

well it could be from stress your missed period. And same on symptoms. But I do remember when I took hpt's if you read the instructions the best time to take them is when you first wake up and have to pee. Also don't drink alot of fluids to try and make yourself have to pee because it can also throw the test off. If you pee to much or to little it can also throw it off.

But it does sound like you are pregnant, go to the doctor and you should get your answer since the test keep coming back negative.

Good luck :d
|

replied May 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well even if they say their tests are so sensitive it would definiatly pick it up there are still the girls that slip through the loop holes. Like I said I got three negatives before I got my positives. I know someone who had four negatives before getting a positive. If they aren't going to give you the blood test I guess you are going to have to wait it out until a urine test starts showing, like I did. Or wait until you find out what's been stealing your period, if not a little baby. And for me I think I was almost due for my second missed period or some sh*t. Man i'm getting all worked up, nervous, and frustrated for you!
|

replied May 24th, 2006
Experienced User
Hpt's can be such a pain in the a$$ when you really need to know. It seems like it takes forever. And the results dont' come back quick enough..

Good luck still!! :wink: :d
|

replied May 24th, 2006
Frustrated is the right word. When the spotting first started this week, I said "finally af is here". Then it kept spotting and slight cramping. I got tired and went to the doctor. Now the spotting is dark brown. I am 26yr old and this has never happen to me before. The doctor wants to discuss things after the hormone test (fsh,tsh,prolactin and dhea) come back. I just want to know. If I was pregnant then I could move on. Even if my hormone was off, I could move on. But everything up in the air. I know it might be stress or pregnancy.
|

replied May 24th, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah and the doctor wanting to discuss doesn't help the stress level much either.. I bet you just wanna say common just tell me.
|

replied May 24th, 2006
I get information on here than at the doctor's office. I wish doctor were a little bit more attentive and showed some empathy. The only good information I got was that urine test can show negative for up to 15 days after your missed period. I told her that must not be the case for me because now it is day 14. But I will get some answers. It is hard to not think about what is going on with my body.
|

replied May 24th, 2006
Experienced User
I think I might just get me a new doctor :idea:

good luck
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah good luck. Tell us the outcome!
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I live in ohio and I know that here you can get a blood test without a doctor's approval. I did it. I just went to the hospital and I went to the lab, I said that I wanted to get a pregnancy blood test done and then I went to the cashier, paid $15 for it and 4 hours later I called and got my results. Not sure where you're from tho... So I don't know if it's different there.
|

replied May 30th, 2006
I don't think I am preg. I think I had a very late period. I spoke to my doctor. I still going to get a second opinion on june 5 but all the preggy symptoms went away. I think it was stress. A lot has been happening in my life. I am moving into a new apt with my son. I am changing jobs. Plus, it does help being overweight. I am going to start a new and healthier life, so when it is time my body will be ready for a baby.
|

replied June 6th, 2006
Not Preg
All the symptoms have stop and went to the doctor on june 5th and all the results are ok. Doctor said every once in a while a hormone imbalance happens. But they are back to normal. The brown spotting was a period. I am relieved and a little disappointed. But good things is that I can try again. Thanks for all the encouraging words and support.
|

replied July 30th, 2007
tanyaface wrote:
This is the answer I never found when this was happening to me, pregnancy tests can come out negative even when you are pregnant. After missing my period I took a test about every 5 days, or something like that, I took three tests in total that all came out negative. I was really confused because at one point I was like "it's been 50 something days since my last period and they say pregnancy tests are 99.9% accurate so I can't be pregnant, but then where the heck is my period." I went to the clinic to get blood work done, so they could test like that, but they said I should do a urine test first to see if something would come up now. So she did one which came out positive, then another one because after it came out positive she checked the date on the box and it had expired, but the second one came out positive too. And I was already to her calculations like 7 (i think?) weeks along. If you read the instructions inside hpt's you'll see they are only 99.9% accurate if they come out positive. So if you get a positive you can be 99.9% sure you are pregnant but that is not the case if it comes out negative. I figured I had to be pregnant because there really was no other logical explanation, so all the negative tests really confused me. If your period isn't here in a couple of days you should test again, and if that is negative get an appointment to get a blood test done. Sometimes your body is the best indicator there is. Good luck and tell us (when you find out) if you are pregnant or not!

i know what you mean.. i am like i clock when it comes to my period. i am now 18 days late. did not have the slightest period at all. no spotting or anything. i took a blood test after 4 days late when the hpts came back neg. he said in his opinion i was not preg. i said are you 99% sure im not.. and he said "no. take another test in a week." asked me if i had any symptoms and i said no. (which with my first son i didnt get morning sickness till late in the 2nd month. and that only lasted about a week and a half if that) other than that i had no symptoms really. ) took a test like he said to.. it was neg. every weekend ive taken a test.. my hus says.. just wait till your next period and we will see what happens.. i just had a pap a few months ago.. so i cant see it as being something wrong there. as of symptoms i just feel really bloated.. had really bad gas (sorry ladies), and some stomach aching just below my belly button area. i just wonder if im doing some wishful thinking here.. or if i really am preg. any info would be great. thanks. hopeful in kentucky Very Happy
|
12 >>