Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Red Spots On Stomach/back/chest (Page 1)

Hey. I'm new to this board but I figured i'd give it a shot on here before I see a doctor to see if anyone had any idea what's going on with me.

Recently, i've noticed red spots on my stomach, back, and chest. They go anywhere from the size of a pin point to as large and an eraser head on a pencil. They are not raised off the skin, nor do they hurt, itch, or anything else. I feel perfectly fine but it worries me since this, obviously, isn't normal. I've also noticed a somewhat bad taste in my mouth, lately. Kind of like that bad taste you get when you have tonsilitis.

I had the chicken pox when I was 6 (i'm now 23) so I know it's not that. I have not made any camping trips or anything in the recent past. The only thing i've done out of the ordinary, lately, is make a trip to vegas with friends two weeks ago. I've heard of 'bed bugs' at hotels but i'm not stressing about something like that.

Anyone have any ideas what this might be?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper NeverGetCaught
|

replied October 2nd, 2006
Any Resolution? Weird Red Spots On Torso...
My reply also relates to the following post, the problems seem similar and I can relate to both of them:

http://ehealthforum.Com/health/topic42648. Html

two days ago (saturday 9/30) I went to get in the shower and noticed my stomach, from about my pelvic bones to the top, below my breast bone, was covered in medium sized red spots. They don't itch or hurt, the skin might be slightly more sensitive and the spots might be very slightly raised but they otherwise do not bother me accept for the fact that they're there. I have a couple spots that are more like a red circle and are more or less normal skin color in the middle but they aren't really round, they all look like a splattering, like I splashed an irritant on my skin (i didn't). I don't have spots anywhere else on my body and today (monday) they seem to have possibly gotten redder and/or new ones have appeared. The largest is somewhat larger than a pencil eraser.

I haven't changed my detergent (woolite for everything), I didn't buy new clothes, I haven't traveled anywhere or done anything that I don't do every other day of my life...Is there anyone out there who knows what this is? I've read a few other people with the same weird red spots on the torso where they weren't itchy but I haven't found an answer for what they are.

My sleep has been really awful just due to being busy but I haven't had a good night sleep since 1998 and am regularly working through the night into the morning. I've never had this problem though. I haven't changed my diet, I haven't changed medications or vitamins...I just don't know what to make of it. I'm only 24 and i'm very rarely sick, less than once a year and the few people I hang around aren't sick.

I have a cat that spends the day on my bed occasionally but we've had cats for years and since these don't itch, i'm pretty sure they're not bites or anything.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated! I won't go to the doctor for something like this since they don't physically bother me, i'm stubborn that way.

Thank you!

Diana

|

replied May 20th, 2011
about bumps
if you have a band on your belly or back going diagonally, it might be shingles. look it up online for pictures and compare.
|

replied May 23rd, 2011
Red medium size bump
I have a red medium size bump on my chest that I spent a good 20 minuets just now trying to peel off from my chest. It was gross. It has been there for a long time and I just now decided to do something about it because It's summer time and I don't want to go in a pool with it. It didn't hurt or itch. But i have been very concerned about it and I don't know if it will grow back or not. It was not like acne. It didn't pop. I harshly pull it from my chest. It's gruesome, sorry, but I'm worried.
|

replied July 31st, 2012
spots
i have the exact same problem did you ever find out what was wrong
|

replied January 10th, 2013
This is a great website that will point you toward a medical diagnosis based off certain symptoms. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, but after reading everyone's posts, I feel as though others may benefit from it.

WARNING!!!
However it is always better to have whatever your diagnosis may be confirmed by a medical physician. There is NOTHING worse than trying to self-diagnose AND/OR treat, especially when the problem could be serious. Also REMEMBER everyone's body is DIFFERENT, and symptoms may appear differently based on ones medical history, which can include other preexisting conditions, health habits, genetics, ETC!

Anyways, I hope you are able to find what you are looking for!!

Best,

Grace
|

replied June 20th, 2007
Re: Red Spots On Stomach/back/chest
omg did u find out what it was because i hav the exact same thing and its really worring me so plz reply ASAP thank you
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2011
That sounds just like what I have, It was diagnosed as pityriasis lichenoides. Go see a dermatologist as there are different variations. Its not serious in itself but can be link to other illnesses so go get it checked out. I'm currently after advise to manage it and get rid of the spots.
Good luck
|

replied January 22nd, 2012
Red Dots On Torso, Arms, Legs. Not Raised or Irritated.
|

replied September 21st, 2007
OMG - i have the same!!! did you find out what they are?
|

replied September 28th, 2007
NeverGetCaught wrote:
Hey. I'm new to this board but I figured i'd give it a shot on here before I see a doctor to see if anyone had any idea what's going on with me.

Recently, i've noticed red spots on my stomach, back, and chest. They go anywhere from the size of a pin point to as large and an eraser head on a pencil. They are not raised off the skin, nor do they hurt, itch, or anything else. I feel perfectly fine but it worries me since this, obviously, isn't normal. I've also noticed a somewhat bad taste in my mouth, lately. Kind of like that bad taste you get when you have tonsilitis.

I had the chicken pox when I was 6 (i'm now 23) so I know it's not that. I have not made any camping trips or anything in the recent past. The only thing i've done out of the ordinary, lately, is make a trip to vegas with friends two weeks ago. I've heard of 'bed bugs' at hotels but i'm not stressing about something like that.

Anyone have any ideas what this might be?

Ok this is different. I have the same thing that's going on with me but it's only on my stomach. Do you have any new information?
|

replied August 6th, 2011
I had the same thing and I DID go to the doctor. He told me it was a minor staph infection and put me on antibiotics.
|

replied September 28th, 2007
Red Spots On Stomach
Ok this is so different to me also. I woke up on Monday and have these spots on my stomach only. But they are getting really dark red!! They don't hurt or bother me. Did anyone find our anything?????
|

replied October 21st, 2007
Red Spots
Just wondering... I have them also and have been told it related to my thyroidism.
Do any of you have hypothyroidism (underactive)??
|

replied May 28th, 2013
I have hypo and got red splotches onto face with swelling a month ago. Scary stuff, but finally got better.
|

replied March 30th, 2008
red spot
I've had both of the same symptoms, have you found out anything
|

replied March 30th, 2008
red spot on chest
Also wondering . . . a red spot, circular clear in the middle about the size of a half dollar on my chest.. Doesn't inch at all. It just showed up and has remained for a month now.
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
red spots
hello i am 13 i have had chicken poxs already and i have small and big spots on my stomach and there is more and more every day . Please let me know if you have any info
|

replied January 28th, 2009
I think I got it!
Hey guys;
I got the same thing pretty much but a bit more widespread, it's on my stomach, chest, back, upper arms, neck and a bit of my upper thighs. I have one really big red spot (about an inch across and round-ish) on my upper arm which has been there sometime and then recently, the hordes of smaller red spots in the above-mentioned areas. I did some poking around and I think I figured it out.
|

replied May 16th, 2011
red bump things on my torso
do u kno wat they r becuz im completely baffled i have looked in all my my mothers medical books as she is a nurse but not finished with skool and she doesn't kno either please let me kno asap thanx!!
|

replied February 24th, 2009
Can someone tell me what it is?
I have these same things. I've had them for a bit. Can someone email me and tell me what they are and if I should be worried?
|

replied February 26th, 2009
Hi. I started to get red spots and each morning I woke up there would be a few more. They are on my stomach, sides, back, arms and legs. They are not itchy. I saw a nurse and she said its a reaction to a viral infection (I had a really mild sore throat just prior to these spots) She said there's nothing for it and you have to just ride it out, she also said it can take up to 6 weeks to go. This sucks as I have to wear long sleeve shirts and pants! Hope this helps.
|

replied April 3rd, 2009
Red spots on the stomach
These may be angiomas, typically cherry angiomas. Totally benign, come on during middle age. Mine came on randomly and spread like CRAZY all over my stomach, with a few on my back and arms. If you pick them, especially the larger ones, they will just bleed profusely because it's an accumulation of red blood cells. Leave them alone, they will go away. If it realms bothers you, a dermatologist can use a laser to remove them, or freeze them. But they will go away on their own, for the most part, if you're patient. I do have one larger one that has been with me for 2 years, but the little ones go away MUCH quicker.
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2009
red spots on stomach (worried?)
i have red spots on my stomach and i was wondering if i should be worried. i was reading some of these and i saw that they would go away in about 6 weeks. is that true? why are there red spots on my stomach?
|

replied April 21st, 2009
I have had the same thing a couple times and it takes like 2 months or so to go away. The very first time in 04 I have them worst of all and the Dr tried to tell me they were hives etc...they didnt itch at all. Ive had a couple other times and am getting one again...no itching or anything. very curious to what they are
|

replied May 17th, 2009
Red Spots!
I have the identical thing; "my stomach, from about my pelvic bones to the top, below my breast bone, was covered in medium sized red spots. They don't itch or hurt, the skin might be slightly more sensitive and the spots might be very slightly raised but they otherwise do not bother me accept for the fact that they're there. I have a couple spots that are more like a red circle and are more or less normal skin color in the middle but they aren't really round, they all look like a splattering, like I splashed an irritant on my skin (i didn't). I don't have spots anywhere else on my body and today (monday) they seem to have possibly gotten redder and/or new ones have appeared. The largest is somewhat larger than a pencil eraser. "

All i've read it might be is a viral infection. I recently sprained my ankle and am now on strong ibuprofen, but it's not that. I've had the spots longer. I just looked in the mirror and there are more. I'm freakin out!

I also just got sick, about 3 or 4 weeks in to having the spots. I had strep throat, lost voice, congestion, and much coughing.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG?... whats the diagnose!
|

replied May 23rd, 2009
same
Well dinkyblack I'd love to hear what you came up with ????

Sakura21 , mine are plus two years, they don't bother me; but what are they?

caitlinniltiac I totaly agree with your description . I started out the same , but they are spreading , under arms , between the legs.

? Any ideas any one please, thanks.
|

replied May 26th, 2009
good news
they are going away! so no worries guys, they'll slowly fade after about 2 months.

everything will be okay. just a rash, i guess.
|

replied May 27th, 2009
Thanks caitinniltiac , but mine have been here a year os so. Good to hear they are going.
|