Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Intestinal Disorders Forum

Giardiasis Won't Go Away

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I picked up giardiasis about 6 months ago. Unfortunately it wasn't diagnosed until a month or so ago. I took metronidazole, 3 tablets a day for 5 days and, after about a week, my symptoms disappeared. However, a week later they started to come back again and now I am back to how I felt before, and had another stool sample done which confirms I still have the infection. Now I am wondering what to do - take metronidazole again, but for a longer period, or try another drug ? If so which ? Any advice / experiences ? Thanks.
Ps main symptoms - bloated belly, lack of appetite, and a bit of nausea in the mornings.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 28th, 2006
... Continued
... I've since tried a 2g straight dosis of tinidazole, .. This time nothing changed... So I took another 2g dose a week or so later but still nothing, the symptons continue .... What to do ?
|

replied April 29th, 2012
Giardia
Did you ever get rid of your Giardia?
|
Quick Reply