Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Pregnant?? Miscaried??

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hi
i thought I was pregnant as I hadnt had period from 18th nov I was getting symptoms, feeling bloated, tiredness, moodiness,late period, having cramps as if going to start period, the cramps lasted over week and a half before I started to bleed on 4th dec I started to bleed really heavy, bright red and hardly any clots I normally have more blood clots in a period and not so red, seemed to pour out of me for four solid days now I still have odd spot of blood, but still have cramping, tiredness, dizzines, light headed. Still really bloated.
I did preg test at home befor I started to bleed they were neg, could I have been pregnant?? Have I misscarried?? Is there any chance I still could be pregnant???? Help I am so confused any help would be appeciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 9th, 2004
Experienced User
There is a chance that you could have been pregnant, but if you have done a hpt test recently, and it is negative, chances are, you are no longer pregnant. Many women do have miscarriages before they even know that they are pregnant, and just think that they had a really heavy, abnormal period. Those do sound like symptoms of a miscarriage. You may want to schedule an appointment with the doctor and discuss this further. Sometimes if the pregnancy tissues aren't completely removed, you could end up in serious infection. Just check it out to be on the safe side. Goodluck, and god bless!!!

~kate~
|

replied January 10th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Hey saross,
it is possible that you miscarried, but it doesnt make sense that the hpts you took came up negative...If you did miscarry, the pregnancy hormone(hcg) would still remain in your system for at least another week, which would make a hpt come out positive if you did miscarry...But then there are those miscarriages that just go undetected, and you may not have been far enough along for your hcg levels to even be detected...But either way, I would definitely get in to talk to your doctor and figure out what exactly is going on! I had the same exact thing as you, but it turns out im pregnant! I had really bad cramping and the weirdest "period" ever....I had cramping,dizziness,nausea,and major fatigue during and after...Best of luck and get in to that doctor!
Vanessa
|

replied January 10th, 2004
Thanks Vanessa
Thanks for your advice I phoned the nhs helpline they said to do another preg test to make sure, but again it was negative, I am going to the docs on monday to try and see what s going on, im getting so worked up about it now, need some reassurance from the doctor I thik thanks
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile