Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Making Baby-like Whining Sounds While Sleeping

Hi all,

a few months ago my wife brought to my attention that i've been making strange noises twice or three times a week which sound like a baby whining/moaning. She says the sound reminds her of a baby waking up and as a mother this always instantly makes her wake up and makes it impossible to go back to sleep.

We don't know how long it lasts for as she's woken me up as soon as it wakes her up after which once I return to sleep I no longer make the noise.

At first I had thought it was me sleeping on my tummy but found out that it happens regardless. The only difference between what I recall doing the nights I didnt make the noise is me brushing my teeth before going to bed.

I do snore and have done for aslong as I can remember and I sleep with my mouth open while breathing through it (i fall asleep with my mouth open and breathing through my nose but when i'm in sleep my wife has informed me that I switch to breathing through my mouth).

We really need to establish why i'm making this noise and hopefully find a way to stop it as she's only able to get 2-3 hours sleep before I make her wake up with it.

I hope you guys can help and I look forward to your replies.

Thank you for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 14th, 2009
Sounds while sleeping
I make a poohing sound while sleeping. Snore in and go pooh while breathing out. Sometimes I even wake myself up. Sometimes my wife goes in the other room because I wake her up. I have yet to figure it out. Sad Sound like the same thing you are doing. I have noticed I do it when on my back and more often when I am in a light sleep.
|

replied November 7th, 2012
Sleep problem
I too do this, I make a wimper just as I'm going off to sleep it wakes me up and my girlfriend I am going to speak to the doctor about this.
|

replied March 15th, 2013
Sleep Apnea
My husband was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and it are exactly the symptoms. I can not wait for him to get his machine, so we can finally have a night sleep. I feel really bad for him and stay in the room, because I don't want to make him feel bad, but I am getting really depressed hearing him moaning and snore all night long.
|