Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Pain And Burning Feeling Accross Lower Back Area

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Hi can anyone please advise I have been suffering terrible pain and a burning feeling in my lower back for just over a week now since tripping over I have seen my gp and he said I have just "jarred it " but it is getting worse I cant sit or lie down without pain in fact I cant do much without pain even coughing hurts but sitting and lying are the worst and this burning feeling is awful too also I dont feel as if I am spending a penny properly I cant seem to get a good flow going and dont seem to be empting my bladder! Please can I have some advice as my gp is a little grumpy and I dont fancy having to see him again he couldnt wait to get me out of the surgery the first time in fact he gave me the painkillers I told him I had been taking that hadn't helped me many thanks jill
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
You have a right to get a second opinion. I was having problems at one time and talked to the insurance companies nurse or co-ordinator(i do not remember for sure as it has been a while) she gave me a list of dr's to go to for the situation. If your pc dr is that upset with you, he should do a referral for you but I realize that some dr's will not. Don't worry about bothering him/her as the dr is getting paid. You can also talk to the dr's nurse or assistant and see what they recommend. Another thought is going to a pain management dr or a medical university. I hope you find out something soon! Don't give up the fight! I am no dr but have you had a recent mri? I understand how you feel as I live in pain 24/7 and there is not much they can do for me, hopefully they can for you!
Keep us posted!
|

replied May 14th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
There is a possibility that the painkillers are causing urinary retention, you need to seek a second opinion and also express the fact that you are having a hard time peeing.

Good luck,
brian
|

replied May 14th, 2006
Hi thanks for your reply im so sorry to hear you are in so much pain I feel terrible about going on about mine now as I have only had it for a week I honestley dont know how you bear it ! I am taing the tablets he gave me tramadol and co-codamol but with no effect. I am going to go and see another doc tomorrow and hopefully he will listen to me otherwise I will pay privatly as I dont want to damage my back further again many thanks for your reply and I will keep you posted take care jill
|

replied May 14th, 2006
Hi brian I will mention this to the doctor tommorow many thanks for your reply jill
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Jill01
Doon't worry about my problems, I have accepted it and am doing the best I can it is just something what makes me more understanding with people like you, it just taught me to never hold back from any dr and do not allow a dr to tell you that it is in your head. I am glad you are going to see another dr tomorrow, just don't hold back anything, sometimes you are checking him out as much as he is checking you out. Did your other dr put you through physical therapy or anything?
I do wish you the best and I do understand where you are coming from and I do hope you can get help!
|

replied May 14th, 2006
Reply to Sally
No my other dr just pressed into my back and asked me to touch my toes then he gave me the precription and said things should settle down in 3-4 days then I should do some exercises but I still cant even touch the area that is sore and it is a week on but I will tell the dr tommorow I also have tried a herbal bean bag thing that you heat in the microwave but nothing is working have you any idea what could be wrong I only tripped up I did't even fall I cant understand why I am so sore
|

replied May 14th, 2006
Reply to Sandy
Opps im sorry I meant to post my previous reply to sandy
|