Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

This Is Worrying Me.

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
I've been experiencing some things over the past few weeks that have me worried.

I have often gotten what my mother has diagnosed as bladder infections. They went away pretty quickly. This time it's different though. A few weeks ago my pee started smelling really really strong and it was really dark and misty. It also burned a little when I peed. I thought I was dehydrating myself so I started drinking more water and stuff. My pee got a bit lighter and didn't smell as strong, but still strong. Then burning sensation got worse. It started hurting quite a bit more than my usual bladder infection. And then one day I peed a little blood, so I started drinking more water (still probably not as much as I should though). Then I stopped peeing all the way because it burned the worst if I completed urinating. But just now I really had to pee even though I peed a few hours ago and haven't drunken anything since. So I peed, and I peed all the way and it hurt a lot for a few seconds, then faded to a dull sting. And then I saw that there was blood in the water. More than just a little bit. And then when I wiped, there was quite a bit of blood on the toilet paper. And it's not menstrual blood.

Also... Sometimes during the day, particularly for a while after i've peed, my vagina still stings/burns even though i'm not doing anything.

I've questioned whether or not it might be an std, but I think it's probably not (or maybe that's just wishful thinking). I haven't been able to find anything about an std that causes these symptoms, and I always use a condom. I've only had sex with one person in the past almost-year, but i'm pretty sure they were sleeping with other people besides me, so I really don't know.

If you have any idea what might be wrong with me and what I should do about it, please let me know.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 8th, 2006
Here's Something....
I have expirienced some of the same symptoms... I would first of all get check for std's those are scary but something you would want to treat if possible... It has been a long journey of pain for me but I was just recently diagnosed with interstitial cystitis (ic) a lot of times it is mis-diagbosed as recurring uti's.... Research it some if you are having symptoms and get to a doctor for that std check to... Hope this may help... My first move was an std test and it came back free and clear!!!! Thank god! Ic is very painful... I pee prob 20+ times a day... I am always in pain... Anything with acid in it will make it hurt worse- coffee, orange juice, tomatoe etc.... Let me know if you have any more ?'s I have learned a lot about this...
|
Did you find this post helpful?