Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Can Having a Really Hot Bath Lower Your Blood Pressure ?

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
If u take a really hot bath can the water lower your blood pressure enough to make you almost faint? :?:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 12th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Never heard of that sounds like an old wives tale, the only thing I know form what the drs told me is not to take a bath when my water broke for risk of infection besides that your fine to go....

My blood pressure fluctuated the first 5 months from really low to high but it wasnt during bath time, by a digital blood pressure thing I have one and its awesome!!
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2006
Supporter
My dr told me to avoid hot baths/showers hot tubs/saunas/steam rooms cause when you get overheated or too warm its bad for the baby some how I dont know.. But I would avoid it just incase..
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I think it is true. When I get in hot bath I sometimes feel like i'm going to faint. I tried ity while pregnant before I found out it was bad and I could only manage a few seconds and I had to get out.
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Now I didnt see the host bath part.......

I took a few hot baths and never had a problem but hey everyone is different
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Before I was even pregnant sometimes I would feel like I was going to faint from a hot shower/bath.
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Very hot baths in pregnancy can be dangerous I would stick to warm water if I ws you .
|

replied May 17th, 2006
Bad
Its not good to be taking hot baths while you are pregnat
|

replied May 17th, 2006
Say No to Hot Bath's
Yes, as said by a doctor " hot bath's / hot water can cause harm to your baby" . Its not good to stay in a hot bath/ hot tub for more than 15 minutes. I would stay with luke warm water if I was you.

Good luck in your decisions,
and with your preggyness.

- b
|

replied February 14th, 2009
i took a hot bath the night i had my baby 2 weeks early with adrenal haemorrhaging and one kidney not working don't know if its related but i would say never do it
|
Quick Reply