Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

Frequent Urination

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
My 3 year old goes to the potty often to often about 3 time in and hour or more
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 7th, 2009
toddler frequent urination
My 2 year old daughter wet through her diaper and pants 3 times in a 3 hour span. What could this be caused from? She is drinking more but eating less that past several days.
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2009
Community Volunteer
There can be a number of problems that cause frequent urination. How long ago was she potty trained? Maybe she loves the novelty of being able to go by herself.

If she is drinking a lot during the day, then it makes sense that she would go often. If she is able to stay dry at night, that's a good sign.

As for possible medical conditions, you should take her to a physician for evaluation. It could be (and don't let this scare you) Diabetes Mellitus, a UTI, Pollakiuria or frequent daytime urination...which can go away without treatment, Diabetes Insipidus, too much fluid intake though not to be confused with diabetes, "voiding dysfunction" in which the child doesn't "go" all the way because they don't want to take the time to empty their bladders and want to get back to playing, vulvovaginitis for girls or meatitis or inflammation of the meatus or opening of the penis for boys.

I hope this helps. Check with your doctor.
|

replied November 19th, 2010
My three year old daughter uses the bathroom more than 15 times a day or more. I have had her to the doctor and has had many test. But all the test came back normaly. The doctor told me she was not releaving her self fully. But I have went with her and she pees till she says she can't anymore. Within minutes she is having to pee again. We have even tried to cut her drinking fluids down and that still did not work. I need help. I have no idea what else to do. So will some one please send me in the right direction.
|

replied March 27th, 2011
my 3 yr old urinates frequently.
My 3 year old does the same thing but I have noticed that when she urinates it is a very small amount, leading me to believe it is that she is just not emptying her bladder all the way.
|
Quick Reply