Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Can Someone Become Pregnant After Husbands Had Vascectomy?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
It has been 8 year since his surgery. I am having a lot of symptoms of being pregnant. I am also 2 months late. Please help. I don't want to get my hopes up.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 6th, 2006
Experienced User
How old are you? It could be perimenopause.
Eight years after a vasectomy, the chances that his vas deferens have reconnected themselves are pretty slim.
Have you had an affair?
|

replied May 6th, 2006
I Am Insulted.
Not at the perimenapause statement. I have been tested and I don't have it. I am insulted by the affair statement. Not everyone in this world has affairs. I have not been with any other man but my husband for over 13 years. We have been married for 13. I am a happily married woman.
|

replied May 6th, 2006
Thank You
I appreciate you clarification. It is quite impossible but I have also heard of spontanious regeneration especially if done certain ways. There are several different ways to a vascectomy. However to the validity of your question being warrented , I really don't think so. If I did have an affair, and I thought it would be applicable I would have written it.
|

replied May 7th, 2006
Experienced User
I didn't mean to insult. As sandralynn said, it does happen.
Now that we know you have pcos, that probab;y explains your problem. Also, if you are about age 35 or over, perimenopause is a possibility, your cycles go wonky and nothing is regular anymore. Testing for it does little good as hormones fluctuate wildly at this time.
|

replied May 7th, 2006
Experienced User
notafan wrote:
have you had an affair?

i don't see that as an insult - I think notafan was trying to suss out the situ so they could (maybe) give appropriate advice.
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yes you can get pregnant after a vascectomy, he can have an extra ball or their are many other things that can happen as not a fan has said, have you tested, you might think about seeing a Dr.
Good luck!
Keep us posted.
|

replied May 7th, 2006
Good Luck to Everyone.
I am done with this particular posting. I got my answer and I think I will do better just sticking with the doctors help. I hope you all find out your own answers. Bye
|