Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pregnancy And Sauna?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
How do these do go together? Should I stop? I love sauna though....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: Pregnancy And Sauna?
exitroad wrote:
how do these do go together? Should I stop? I love sauna though....

you should stop using the sauna until after the baby is born :( there is a potential danger to the developing fetus if your body temperature rises above 102 degrees.
|

replied May 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Oh wow you should definatley stop that...
|

replied May 6th, 2006
Ok, ladies. I did some research on the internet.
People from sauna countries (northen europe) go on with their everyday life that includes sauna.
Of course, it is suggested that not the highest temeratures, and not so much drastic temperature changes (after sauna jumping into cold lake), but they still go sauna if their body tells them that it's ok.
Just here, in america there is no sauna culture.
|

replied May 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Well if you want to take the chances of hurting your unborn baby go ahead.. I wouldn't.
|

replied May 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Yes stay out of it no sauna or hottubs...It can hurt the baby
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply