Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Weird Feeling On My Left Side Immediately Below My Rib

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
When I press on the left side right below my last rib on the left side, it feels weird. Not painful or anything, but almost like pressing on one of those pop caps on glass drinks. It doesn't happen on the right.

Its hard to describe. That area also feels distended at time, but then that aspect could be my imagination.

Any ideas?

A bit more on the exact location of the feeling: if I run my finger directly down from my left nipple and press as soon as I reach right below my rib, thats where the feeling is most prominent.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 6th, 2006
May be its internal, go to your doctor and talk to him/her. He may have a better diagnosis
|

replied July 20th, 2008
weird feeling on my left side
I have the same feeling on my left below the rib cage. Did you ever find out what it was that you had? Did you go see a Dr.?
|

replied July 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Could be stomach or upper intestenal tract. I agree, see doctor and maybe have some intestenal tests done, When does this seem most promonient? After you eat, etch. You want to make sure you check for ulcers too.
|
Tags: nipple
Quick Reply