Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Mono W/ Terrible Headache Help!

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I got mono at the end of january and cannot get over it. Am feeling better but I am having terrible headaches and dizzy feeling. Anyone else had this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Have you spoken to your dr about this or the nurse or the assistant, that would be my suggestion.
Hope you get to feeling better!
|

replied June 18th, 2006
I have the same problem. I fell sick in early december, I had a bone crushing amount of fatigue coupled with the worst never-ending headaches centered at the back of my head. It took the doctors 5 months to figure out I had mono! It's now june, the headaches and fatigue are better thank god, but I still experience severe bouts of sickness and am still not able to work! Hope you're doing better!
|

replied March 2nd, 2010
help
My son is in same boat....bad headaches in October, severe headaches started.....it is now March and he cannot function due to headaches..they found out he had mono in December..tried amitriptalene (sp?) topomax and now a beta blocker....help!!!!nothing is working....
|

replied May 10th, 2011
Re: mono headache
Did anyone ever figure out a solution? The lady who posted last about her son? Whatever happened??
|

replied February 27th, 2012
Mono headache
I have been sick since September and was dinally diagnosed with mono in February. Among these symptom are mind numbing headaches! Dr says, just part of the mono and get plent of rest! Who has time for that?
|

replied June 22nd, 2013
neurologist
You may want to consider seeing a neurologist. I have been having severe headaches for a long time now and I also recently found out I had mono. My doctor, based on the severity of the headaches decided to send me to a neurologist. The neurologist did countless CT scans, MRI's, ultrasounds, and even a spinal tap. They found that I had scarring on the left side of my brain from a horrible ear infection I had as a child. The mono made them worse and they said the headaches will most likely never get better now because the EBV virus that caused them to become worse will always be in my body now. They were able to put me on some muscle relaxers and pain medication and it seems to be helping. I have only missed a few days of work in the last month (keep in mind that I have a VERY understanding boss) and have been able to keep my job through all of this.
|