Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Strong Odor And Watery Discharge (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Okay sorry if this is long but, I had sex with my boyfriend the first time 4 months ago. We used a condom but the condom tore open while he tried to penetrate me (he never fully penetrated me.)it hurt bad and I bled alot. Several days later I noticed a strong odor and when I checked my vagina in the mirror I noticed what looked like, well I am assuming, what looked like remnants of my hymen at the very lower part of my vagina or maybe scar tissure from him trying to penetrate (i hope that makes sense). Now, within the last couple of months I have been having a watery, kinda whitish discharge that happens off and on but. I have no burning but slight itching. It doesn't burn when I urinate though. My periods are normal but the odor and discharge are still there. When the discharge dries on my panties or panty liner it dries yellow. I have made an appt but my doctor can not see me until the 19th of this month. Could I have an std or some type of infection from him trying to penetrate me and me bleeding alot from that? Help.. I forgot to mention when I do have this watery whitish discharge, it looks as though I have kind of urinated on myself.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 5th, 2006
Hey girl I think you should tack percaution and not have sex until you see your docter it might just be an infection but be on the safe side
|

replied May 5th, 2006
I haven't had sex since then. It hurt so bad and I bled a lot. I hope it's just an infection but i'm scared.
|

replied May 7th, 2006
Sweet heart if your still haven problems and its that bad maybe you need to go to the emergancy room hey better safe than sorry trust me
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2006
Supporter
Sounds like your boyfriend could have been a hell of a lot more gentle with you!!

I hope you get it sorted out soon, sorry I dont know what it could be, a doctor would be better to advise you. X
|

replied May 8th, 2006
bree23 wrote:
sweet heart if your still haven problems and its that bad maybe you need to go to the emergancy room hey better safe than sorry trust me

no, that was the first and last time we had sex. That first time was so painful I am afraid to have sex again (he is quite, um, large anyway). No pain after that just the weird watery discharge and the odor. That's what is bothering me. My appt is not until the 19th but I guess i'm just scared.
|

replied May 9th, 2006
Oh well if its just the discharge than im sure you can hold out to the 19th dont worry your self to much im sure its minore. Good luck
|

replied May 12th, 2006
Hi Melia
I think what you have is a yeast infection.. That's natural with all women who has been active with sexual intercourse but I guess you should consult you ob so you 'd have an idea on how to cure the infection..

No worries. It'll be cured. There are medicines for that which you will be taking for 7days .. Better not have a sexual intercourse with your bf yet.

Younghealthy here
|

replied May 17th, 2006
Experienced User
I really don't think it's a yeast infection...A yeast infection's discharge is white. While you said yours is yellow. Also a yeast infection has little or no smell at all and you said yours has a strong odor. It could just be a bacterial infection, which is no big deal. Or it could be an std, but if both of you were virgins before this then an std can be outruled. Hope this helps...Good luck.
|

replied May 19th, 2006
I went to the doc today and had a pap/pelvic (the speculum hurt so bad, because I couldn't relax :( ) but the doc said it look like I had an infection and he prescribed me flagyl (sp?) but I won't get my full results from my exam until a week from now. When I got home I noticed very very light red after a wiped after using the restroom. I am not due to get my period until the 28th. Could having pap make a person come on their early and if I am on my period will that make me results come back "abnormal"?? I only noticed the slight pink/red after I got home from the doc.
|

replied May 21st, 2006
Don't worry about a little bit of bleeding after a pap - that's completely normal. My gyno actually told me the first time I saw him to expect it. Sometimes when they scrape the walls of your cervix it irritates it and there is slight bleeding - it's not much, which is why you wouldn't have noticed it right away. It's nothign to be alarmed about.
|

replied December 29th, 2009
baby girl you have thrush--same thing as bacterial vaginosis. its just an imbalance of your good and bad bacteria inside your vagina and usually your doc will make you pay all this money for testing and antibiotics when ALL you need to do, is go to the store, buy a bottle of herbal pills called "acidophilus" take some of them, eat a TON of yogurt, drink lotsa water, and if it still hasnt gone away in 3 days, put yogurt directly on a lite tampon and shove it up your vagina, and take a nice nap, or do it before you go to bed so it all doesnt fall out. Works everytime for me! I even use flavored yogurt, so it smells yummy the next day! SIMPLE CURE! stop worrying!
|

replied May 3rd, 2011
*MUST READ*
I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THE PILL PART. Hun im a nurse and im apart of the military NEVER take alot of pills! some of them arent FDA Aprooved these Herbal pills there for a side effect could come about and cause more issues or not cure them. However it sounds like Bacterial Vaginosis. Note to self: anyone who says take alot of something INCLUDING Pills is a BAD IDEA! you have my word on this.
|

replied December 3rd, 2011
help
What can you do to cure bacterial vaginosis?? I am having the same symptoms and want to get rid of them ASAP. It's annoying
|

replied December 3rd, 2011
What can you do to cure bacterial vaginosis?? I am having the same symptoms and want to get rid of them ASAP. It's annoying
|

replied August 25th, 2011
J3nnalyn, I have a similar situation happening to me at the moment. Its a clear discharge but has odor to it. There isn't any itching or burning but when I look down, its like I peed my pants, but I know I'm not. I can feel it coming from my vagina. Is this similar to what you had? I can't stand the odor and want to get this fixed asap.
|

replied January 16th, 2010
i'm in the EXACT same situation as you...i'll try the acidophilus and yogurt, cause i did hear about bacteria imbalance
hope that's all it is
|

replied January 16th, 2010
Experienced User
Please read my earlier post.
Take care,
bamm
|

replied February 16th, 2010
Hey. I've been having th esame problem. The discharge is white buy when it dries it turns yellow. I've been to the doctor's office several times for the problem and it was bacterial vaginosis
|

replied February 16th, 2010
Hey. I've been having th esame problem. The discharge is white buy when it dries it turns yellow. I've been to the doctor's office several times for the problem and it was bacterial vaginosis
|

replied February 19th, 2010
vaginal problem
Ive been having the same problem too and my vagina was bleeding because it wos ripped at the bottom because my bf, so hope thats the only reason why, ive been so worried though about it being an std! I also have been getting the itching and strong smelling discharge.
|

replied May 6th, 2010
watery dicharge
i have the same problem went to doctors and they gave me medicine but it never cleared up i dont know what else to do?
|

replied July 17th, 2010
Changing birth control side effects?
I have been on birth control for 10 years, mostly during that time on Ortho Tricyclen. I recently (two weeks ago) switched to Alesse, simply because I wanted a less expensive pill, and now, being much older than when I started, don't need help with acne.
I am however experiencing some bizarre side effects, and am not sure if it is because of changing pills, or something else. I have a watery sort of discharge with an unpleasant odor, but no burning, no itching, no obvious sign that would suggest an infection. I am sexually active with my boyfriend of 9 years, so STDs can be ruled out. I've never had this happen to me before, and it's really uncomfortable - it kind of feels like I am wetting my pants, but it's not urine!
Is this possibly a side effect from changing pills, or something else? Any ideas?
|

replied November 4th, 2010
I have that same kind of discharge that "thrush" could give but when i went to the e.r. for severe abdominal pain where my appendix use to be, just recently as a matter of fact, the doctors said i have fluid in my pelvis. does anyone have any clue what these symptoms stand for?
|

replied May 11th, 2011
Cyst.
You probably had a cystes on your ovary. This happens when an egg gets in stuck in the ovary and forms a bubble. When the bubble bursts, the fluid gets in your pelvis.
"Ovarian cysts are small fluid-filled sacs that develop in a woman's ovaries. Most cysts are harmless, but some may cause problems such as rupturing, bleeding, or pain; and surgery may be required to remove the cyst"
I get them often. people get them while pregnant. Mine come and go, they are quite painful. The only time of medication they have for it is using birthcontrol to manage your eggs/ periods. I hope this helped.
-Beachbabe21
|
12 >>