Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Negative Preg Test Turn Positive? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I did another preg test this morning and after I did the test I sat it on the window seal and didn't read it until I got home from work and there was a light positive line would this be correct or have people had a test that was neg then went pos after a couple of hours. So this makes more sense I did a test at the doctors on monday and there was a very faint line (so faint the doctor said that it was neg) it has now gotten slightly darker??
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile QueenBee2_3
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
You can't read a pregnancy test after leaviong it there for so many hours.After 10 minutes or so your not suppose to pay attention to it b/c it stops working.Read the box and it will tell you
|

replied May 5th, 2006
Possibly;)
You may be pregnant but if the doctor said it's negative than he may be right too. Always read the result as asap and make sure you read the instructions correctly that way you wont have a wrong answer. It may be wise to take a couple more just to be sure!!!
|

replied May 5th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
sandralynn wrote:
i guess im just weird, but I love buying the tests and taking them just to see the plus sign. Lol ive bought like 6 or 7 so far.

Waste of money I know.. But I love it.

i used a digital one when I first found out, so the result is no longer in the window. I've thought about buying one of the ones that turns color (and stays) just so I can have one to keep that says positive. Lol
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: Negative Preg Test Turn Positive?
beckle wrote:
i did another preg test this morning and after I did the test I sat it on the window seal and didn't read it until I got home from work and there was a light positive line would this be correct or have people had a test that was neg then went pos after a couple of hours. So this makes more sense I did a test at the doctors on monday and there was a very faint line (so faint the doctor said that it was neg) it has now gotten slightly darker??

.That wouldn't have been a positive line, but an evaporation line. The directions say not to read after a certain amount of time. Retest to be sure.
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Negative Preg Test Turn Positive?
queenbee2_3 wrote:
that wouldn't have been a positive line, but an evaporation line. The directions say not to read after a certain amount of time. Retest to be sure.

yep, just an evap line.
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2006
Experienced User
Totally evaporation line.
I kept my positive pregnancy test with my second baby- one that you get 1 line for negative, and 2 for positive- I saw it the other day, and it's still showing two dark lines, clear as day. I can't bring myself to throw it out.
|

replied May 9th, 2006
Experienced User
Jess
Im inaustralia as well an if you read the instructions it says dont read it after 10 min or sumthin cos it will change
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2006
Experienced User
Hey Aussies!!!
Beckle, erinjacob where in australia are you guys at?
I'm in melbourne- we've just moved out to this backwoodsy kinda suburb called " melton". We used to live in elwood, and we loved it, but no sapce for baby#2
melton is full of people who think slippers are excellent for daywear, and go really well with checkered shirts and tracksuit pants.
I saw a kid who was about 4 years old with a mullet - the back of which was nearly down to his waist- I kid you not.
|

replied May 9th, 2006
sandralynn wrote:
mullet! Mullet!

rawr, that gets me all hot and bothered.

Well... Not so much hot as bothered.
|

replied May 9th, 2006
My cuzzin and me dayted fur too years when he had his mullet.

(hehe... Luv u 2 ;)! )
|

replied May 10th, 2006
Im Pregnant!!!
Well I couldn't comfirm properly with the pee test cause I thought I read it way after I was suppose to!! So I had a blood test and have been to the doctors since and im 7 weeks pregnant !!!! Yeah!!!! I am praying so hard that this is a healthy growing baby I go for an early scan tomorrow!!!
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Congratulations!!! Welcome to the nut house!
|

replied May 10th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there, unfortunately you can't read a test after 10 minutes or so. Every test has a max time for it to be considered accurate. What you may have seen was an evaporating line and not really a positive. Try taking another test and take the result within the time frame indicated on the package. Good luck
|

replied May 10th, 2006
Emma, I think you're a little late.

Congrats, beck!!!
|

replied May 10th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I guess I am lol...Didn't read all the posts only the top one. I guess i'm gonna have to start reading them all!
|

replied May 10th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
I too have had test in the past say neg only to find out that I was preg.
Now I have taken 2 and both neg so do not know what to think. Congrats to you all the way . I will say a prayer for ya.
|

replied May 10th, 2006
Experienced User
emma2 wrote:
i guess I am lol...Didn't read all the posts only the top one. I guess i'm gonna have to start reading them all!

lol we do tend to go off on one sometimes... Often completely unrelated (though not so much in this case if you minus the mullet! ;) )
|

replied January 28th, 2010
I had taken a test when my husband and I were trying for baby number 2 and it said negative. I went to the bathroom the next morning and the test turned positive. I went and bought more tests and all of them came back positive. I now have a 4 month old baby boy. Last night I took a walmart brand test and it said positive this morning. I took more tests today and all of them came back negative. I am not convinced that I am not pregnant because of what happened with my son. Just get a blood test and go with that because thats a definite answer.
|

replied May 12th, 2010
Hi Im new to this site but hopefully have some helpful info to offer! My period was due to start May 11th i took a hpt on May 6th almost like 5 to 6 days before my period and it came out neg. So i waited till May 12th and took another one and it was pos, then retested and took another one to confirm and it was also pos. Although the first test was neg i knew i was preggo cuz i have 4 other children and i kno wut my body feels like when its preggo. So my advice is this: never go on that first neg result.....wait about a week when u expect ur period or even the day of your expected period and try to test again u will b surprised that u r more than likely pregnant and if not its ok just simply try again. God bless all those trying and who want to have there lil bundle of joy....it will happen just never stop believing (although it can be frustrating) and remember one thing sometimes when its your heart desire to have a baby and know body else understands keep it a secret between u and your man....cuz sometimes with some ppl misery luv company and sometimes keepin your hearts desire a secret will allow u to get preggo quicker and faster without all the frustration of every body else's thoughts leaking out on u and then when u r ready tell who u want to share ur joy with and the rest leave them totally clueless....they'll find out soon enough! Much luv to all=)
|
12 >>