Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Medical Abortion At 5 Weeks (Page 1)

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
I am 5 weeks pregnant, and I am terminating my pregnancy with the early option pill. Ever since I missed my period a month ago I have been very bloated, all over, and my breasts are sore of course. But can anyone please tell me if this retention will pass in a couple of weeks after the termination, when the hormones are back to normal? I am probably 10 pounds overweight right now! I assume when I start bleeding I should be losing some pounds??

Please try not to be judgemental when answering to my email. Focus on my question, and not on your opinions.

Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile amandablue
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I suggest you take this into the abortion forum. The people on here want nothing more than to have children, and reading this will just upset them.
|

replied May 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I couldn't have said it better nataliachick7.
Thanks
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Agreed.
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Lol good job sandra, im so proud.
|

replied May 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Hey, I guess i'm not totally sure what you're asking - if you'll lose weight after having the abortion? I couldn't discern from your question if you were overweight before the pregnancy, or gained weight since finding out. I'd assume the former, because it'd be pretty much impossible to gain 10 pounds at only 5 weeks. Maybe what you mean is will the bloating go down? The sore breasts? Yes. Those are pregnancy symptoms, and you'll soon no longer be pregnant. Physically, you should feel back to normal after the abortion. Just keep in mind it can take up to 8 weeks to get your period afterwards. Good luck to you.
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2006
Supporter
sandralynn wrote:
*~*biting tongue.. Ow... Ow... Ow...*~*

congratulations!!!

I'm so proud of you :d
|

replied May 8th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Medical Abortion At 5 Weeks
mominnj wrote:
i am 5 weeks pregnant, and I am terminating my pregnancy with the early option pill. Ever since I missed my period a month ago I have been very bloated, all over, and my breasts are sore of course. But can anyone please tell me if this retention will pass in a couple of weeks after the termination, when the hormones are back to normal? I am probably 10 pounds overweight right now! I assume when I start bleeding I should be losing some pounds??

Please try not to be judgemental when answering to my email. Focus on my question, and not on your opinions.

Thank you
your hormone levels could be producing the bloating and water retention. This is common. After the abortion, your hormones should level out as your body works through them. A good thing to try afterwards is cranberry juice which naturally reduces bloating and especially water retention.

If you are very worried, this should be one of the questions that you ask your doctor where ever the abortion is performed. They will have much more information than I do.

Best of luck and keep us posted on how you're feeling.
Peace,
jenn
|

replied May 8th, 2006
Hey mominnj,

i about the same as you, 4/5 weeks gone so i'm told. Feel like crap at the moment. Sick all day and dairy food is a no go area a of this morning!! I'm starting to bloat too and really conscious of it.
I have to wait another two weeks before I can get the early option pill as I have to travel to uk to get it, it's still illegal in ireland for abortions.

Let me know how you get on.

Best of luck.
|

replied May 18th, 2006
Thank You!
Ladies -- many thanks to all of you who helped me with your answers.
I took the abortion pill on 5/5 and I have been bleeding for 2 weeks straight. It was not as bad as I anticipated - the first night was the worst.
I went back to the clinic for my follow-up, and all is clear.
I feel much more relaxed now.

To those few imbeciles who insulted me, sorry for your ignorance: it is truly a sad thing. Enough said.

-----
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Thank you for the update!

I am so glad you are healing and recovering well.
|

replied May 19th, 2006
The abortion pill is stupid. Just get the actual surgical procedure, its less of a mess and the bleeding doesnt even last that long. I had an abortion today and I already feel like I can go out. With the pill you'll be stuck in the house for days bleeding like a maniac and cramping.
|

replied May 20th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
She already had her abortion, and for some women the pill method is better..But honestly I always recommend the surgical to anyone.
|

replied June 23rd, 2009
True experience .
ok i was reading the whole comments .,, please try to support someone going throught this difficult time ...i a m guy for your info . i have been with by gf for 6 years and 4 month back she got preagnent...( I am a Indian ) staying in Dubai...I came back from my holidays from inida and after 4 weeks i got a call. that she was preagnent ...i have seen the the sadness felt felt the pain , she when through in the hospital when the inserted the pills ...the doctor was convincing us to kep the baby ...it was very difficult for us both ...We both belong to very well of families .. But the pain and the look on her face when she went in the operating room for the 10 min procedure after inserting the pills in her ... was heart breaking ..we did it alone .no body knew ...and thank god it went well..i still love her so much and she handled herself so well. she was having some period problems afterwards but the doctor gave some pills.. But really people who are afraid and want to abort in 5 to 10 weeks time...dont worry ... go to the doctor ...its a vey easy procedure ..but not happy procedure ...and every thing gets allright ,,,, this is my first hand experience ..... dont get afraid ......

good luck

and please dont insult peopel who write on this blog ... because ..the pain the feeling i have experienced when i was with my gf when she was going through ..

the dotor also told us that indian women come from USA , if its a normal 10 weeks obortion , they do it and fly back with in 3 day s time ...
|

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2009
Supporter
hey tintin1010
where did ur girlfriend get the operation done? i would like to know more, im in abu dhabi
sorry to hear bout it but i understand as this is my second time im in this situation.
stil tryin to make my decision but also would like to know my options ! thank u and hope to hear from you
|

replied June 25th, 2009
answer
it was in india ... banglore ...abortions are legal now a days in india...doctors are very supportive .........
|

replied June 26th, 2009
im 5 weeks pregnant and only 18 i wanna an abortion but im really scared...my boyfriend doesnt want it and i feel like i would have to give everything up..
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2009
Supporter
ur very young, i did it too bout that age and im not sorry, it was beta , its only now that im older and already hav 2 kids that i wasnt sure if i can cope with a third,lol
u should go with what ur heart tels u,and if everyday u wake up the the answer is the same then that is what u should do.
i woke up everyday with my heart telin me i should keep this gift from GOD, he wants me to hav it, so i decided to keep it
but howeva my first time was different, just like urs, i knew it would hav messed things up and made my life difficult, like i said im not sorry , i married a great guy in the end and im overseas livin a great life. its a terrible thing to do but after all we are only human , we make mistakes, and hopefully we'll learn from them in the future.
hope my story helps
ps . i learnt my lesson and only fel prego again becos we jumped from 3 different countries in one month so i could find my bc pills, my cycle got messed up
one of those things, i believe if it was meant to happen its becos there was a reason for it!
bye
|

replied August 5th, 2009
thinking about abortion
hi everyone i really need help i am nearly 5 weeks pregnant my partner is over the moon but i have 2 children from previous relationship i know it sounds stupid but i really dont think i could cope with 3 im so confused!! i want an abortion but at the same time i really dont! me and my partner are engaged 2 be married and i know we would break up if i got baby aborted im so confused pls tell me what you think could really do with some help as none of my family know for me to turn to thank you
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2009
Supporter
keep it
its not so bad
im on my 3rd too
my hubby didnt want any more kids now
and i decided i didnt want it eitha cos of him but i actually wanted to keep it
so we looked into abortion and everyhin went wrong, i took it as sign that it was neva meant to be, we left it and now im completin my 1st trimester this week
im lookin forward to it, im copin just fine with absolutely no help at home, our family stays in their homw country
remember what doesnt kill u makes u stronger
i think im weak at times but then i know im strong and i can do it
dont feel pressurised , its a gift, it was meant to happen, and theres more surprises too, u neva know what might happen along the way
stay happy , and hav a big family cos in a few months to the rest of ur life ur gona be getin a lota mothers day cards and wet kisses early in the mornin
good luck
bye
|
12 >>