Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Vivid And Continuous Dreams When I Sleep... Please Help

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hi... For a little over a month whenever I sleep I have extremely vivid dreams. I rarely used to dream prior to this and it started all of a sudden. It doesn't seem to be my environment because I was on vacation for a week and it continued to occur. Basically I am continually dreaming all night and I possibly wake up after each dream and fall back asleep though its hard to tell. The dreams are so vivid that sometimes I feel as if the event actually happend (just re-emphasizing that the dreams are not like normal dreams... They are indeed vivid). The only thing that has changed in my life is I started drinking casually about a month or two before this started because I turned 21. Any help would really be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
The dreaming
I have had continuous dreams my entire life. Some of the dreams are seperate from the contiuing story, but certain people places and themes keep coming back regularly. I've found that my actions in dreams affect the dream world, and I am nowadays aware of the fact that I am dreaming. Your continuous dreams are not something to be feared, they are a part of who you are that should be cultivated and nurtured. good luck.
|

replied February 15th, 2010
This is the first ever case that I can kind of similiarise my own account to. Its very hard to explain. My dreams are almost like a second life. They are extremely vivid and they connect. When I go to sleep my dreams pick up where they left off. Its as though I have one life in the real world and another life in my dreams. My dreams are in real time, they are not blurred at all and I have complete control of what I do in them. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between which one is my dream and which is real.
|

replied February 27th, 2010
Very Vivid dreams, just begun in last month, color, many
Mine started recently, only in the late hours of sleep or naps after waking in the morning. Some are continuing topics or scenes and some are random or weird, clearly in color, much more numerous, and better remembered than any past dreaming...It may have come from stopping Lexapro or supplementing tryptophan lately. I was having only 15 minutes of REM sleep for years, very toxic, no dreams for years, bad sleep. I guess I sleep better now, who knows? I am still exhausted and dizzy all the time, the doctors are lost. I won't take any more prescription meds, they have all been disasters of variable sorts.
|

replied July 6th, 2011
dreams
i have dreams that are out of this world. i wish they would stop because they leave me confused. they started about 2 years ago after i told about being abused. now i have random dreams that make no sence. but in almost every dream theres a guy i have absolutly no clue who it is. sometimes he trys to hurt me and sometimes hes just there. but these dreams r crazy and the surrounding in them r a mixture of where iv been in life. im only a teen. i dont drink or smoke or anything like that so why r they there
|