Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Help Please

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I am a nineteen year old male college student and I think I may have some kind of mental disease. I feel socially retarded, I have extreme difficulty making conversation with the opposite sex and therefore and still a virgin. I can not think straight anymore, its like nobody is home in my brain. I feel empty and tired of being unhappy. I am very lonely but I just cant seem to find words when I try and talk to people, especially when it comes to a sense of humor. I feel like people dislike me as soon as I meet them. I have currently been taking wellbutrin for two months now but I still feel socially inept and depressed. What is wrong with me? Is this genetic because my father is the same way and I cant stand him because I feel like I am turning into what he is. I cant keep living like this. Please help me someone.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Tell all of this to your doctor. It is possible that the wellbutrin isn't working and you need to try something else. Also it may help to go to a therapist to talk things out.
|
Did you find this post helpful?