Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Tubal Ligation And Signs of Pregnancy (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
:d has any one else gone thru this. I had a tubal ligation with tubes cut and burned almost 4 years ago and now I am showing classic symtoms of pregnancy. Has any one had this procedure done and then became pregnant with a viable preg?????
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper number1follower
|

replied May 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Hi
My name is mary. And ive had my tublagation about 4 years ago, and mine were cut and burned, I thought many times I was pregnant too as well, ive been late for my periods many times like 2 weeks late , after the procedure, but I also found out my thyriod was off, so im taking medicine for that, and my doctor told me that since I have a thyriod problem it can make my periods irregular too, but yes if I ever became pregnant even though I am fixed it could be a ectopic preganancy, same with you, or tubal pregnancy, and it would be not be good, the doctor tells you theirs a a % of getting pregant after the procedure, did he tell you that ?. Well I also found out that I have to have a hysterectomy in which im basically falling out. If you really worried use other protection as well with your partner. We use the pull out method anyway, but my husband says you got fixed you cant get pegnant""' thats what he says, but after 4 years it kinda makes you think am I still fixed, did it grow back". ? When its your body its differant, but men dont think of it that way, you know what I mean. Well you can also get on birth control as well, and your partner does not have to know you take them, and it will ease your mind as well, for double protection. And woman take them for their periods to be regular well and health reasons, so its not so bad. Well good luck to you, and have a nice day. From mary..
|

replied May 10th, 2006
I too have had a tubal and I am wondering the same thing. My breasts are sore and acky all the time, my bra no longer fits and i've started leaking, all in roughly a months time. Occassionally my stomach will hurt and I have to pee more often (no infections, got checked), but other than that I have no other symptoms....I'm not due for a period for a few weeks still so its too early to test and i'm wondering if I should even bother to test if I miss my period. Any ideas on what else it might be?
|

replied September 11th, 2012
OMG!! thats is the same thing im experiencing and yes i am worried..i hope u get the answer to this
|

replied May 10th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
Tubal Ligation And Signs of Pregnancy
I wished I knew. I have taken 2 at home test a week apart and both say not pregnant but still no period. Either my body has a bad sence of humor or I purchased faulty test. And I do not have health insurance to go to the doctors office. I hate not knowing if I am or not. I do regret having my tubal procedure big time. Please let me know what you find out and good luck to you
|

replied October 14th, 2011
what should I believe?
I also am having problems of believing that I might be prego! But I went to the doctor and all the tests done. all say not prego!I also started bleeding really bad like extremly heavy so I went to the hospital athey tested me and then when I said ok good i'm not prego they decided to make me stay til I passed a syc evauation! I was angry at the hospital after that bull! my tubal is 17 years old and I was tied cut and burned. I am having every symtom there is for showing that I am prego. But all the tests are saying that I am not!~ I went from 130 lbs to 172.2 in 5 months! I feel something moving inside but I am stressed cause of the testing saying that i'm not and I do not know what to think now!
|

replied November 27th, 2011
tubal and preg
I had my tubes tied 13yrs ago. I missed my period too. My last menstral was Sept. 23,2011. I have been craving everything like ice cream and burger king french fries, pickles, pig feet. I took two tests they both was negative. I have no insurance. My back hurts every now and then I want to know could I be pre go to. How did y turn out from the doctor
|

replied March 8th, 2012
It happen to my bestfriend, like twice. The first time she was actually pregnant and he is 16 years old now. And the second time it happened she miscarried because she didn't know and had been moving furniture all that day. After that the doctors would not burn, clip and tie her tubes anymore. She eventually ended up with an hysterctomy...hope this helps
|

replied June 17th, 2013
I'm in the exact same boat! No insurance, neg tests, classic pregnancy signs as well as movement in my stomach(not gas) tubes tied, low iron levels even with supplements, what is happening?! Hope u can find answers to ur problem, good luck!
|

replied May 10th, 2006
Have you been really stressed out lately? I get that way a lot and it totally screws up my periods.
I just started my period today, but my boobs are still the same size and still just as sore although, they aren't leaking as much.
I have an app with the doc in a week so i'll see if they have a clue whats goin on
anyways, I don't know much, but there are a few things I know for sure....
A missed period doesn't always mean your pregnant.
A hpt isn't always accurate.
After having your tubes tied, the possibility of getting pregnant is low.
If you are pregnant, the chances of it being viable are extremely slim
good luck to you and btw i'm seriously hoping i'm not pregnant. I've already had three kids taking the depo shot, which is why I got them tied in the first place, just got divorced a few months ago, trying to go to school and get a degree so I aint got the time or the patients to deal with more kids lol
good luck to you, hope everything turns out ok for you!
|

replied May 11th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
Thank you I do too. I do want more kids thou yeah I no crazy me 3 just are not enough. But I have been on other web sites where people had same type done as me and were successfully pregnant with healthy babies I pray every night that this will be the time for me.Baby dust to all
|

replied January 15th, 2009
Re: Tubal Ligation And Signs of Pregnancy
candita_sky wrote:
:d has any one else gone thru this. I had a tubal ligation with tubes cut and burned almost 4 years ago and now I am showing classic symtoms of pregnancy. Has any one had this procedure done and then became pregnant with a viable preg?????

hi yes I have gotten pregnant with a tubal. had a tubal in 2001 after my child was born. Then in 2006 I became pregnant. It was an ectopic preganacy and was unable to keep it.
|

replied January 24th, 2009
I got pregnant with tubal ligation
After 13 years of tubal sterlization I got pregnant, and I think I am pregnant again , after second tubal sterilization!!!!
|

replied June 14th, 2012
How did you know you were pregnant? What were the signs/symptoms? What form of tubal ligation did you recieve?
|

replied March 5th, 2009
I also got pregnant after tubal ligation
Ok, I had my tubes cut, burned and clamped, what they call the full tubal ligation July 2004, when my 4th child was born (c-section). This last December I wasn't feeling well for about 2 weeks and also really didn't have a period, just some spotting. Didn't think much about the possibility of even being pregnant, I thought it had to do with some new anti-depressant meds I had just started taking about the same time. I even joked around at work and told people that "if I didn't know better, I would think I was pregnant". Well I wasn't getting any better and since I had been calling my OB doctor about my meds I finally told them that I was at least 2 weeks late. They recommended that I take a home pregnancy test( I think more to ease my nerves than anything, I had been calling all week). Well I also had the stomach flu that day, so I waited till the next morning to take the test. When I took the test it was positive, I had to have my husband make sure I was reading it correctly. I read all the little notes on why it could read positive and really not be(ectopic pregnancy or ovarian cyst). Went to the OB that afternoon, and the test they did also came back positive. So the OB did an ultrasound right away, thinking that it was probably an ectopic, as he was doing the vaginal US, he was telling me all the things that I would be going through the rest of the day(meds,ER, etc) and the all of a sudden he's like "ugh, no it's right in the center of your uterus" . I think I set all the way up and loudly said "YOUR KIDDING, RIGHT". Of course he wasn't kidding and I am currently 18 weeks along with our 5th child. So yes you can get pregnant after a tubal. So far everything is fine and I will almost be 42 when this baby is born. Everyone I tell either says sue a doctor or it's meant to be. I am not suing any doctor, because only GOD should determine when a child is born. Yes at times it is really hard to believe that I am really pregnant, but I just keep telling myself that this baby is coming into this world for a reason, even if I never know the reason. Oh and the day I found out, I quit taking my anti-depressants, hopefully the 3 weeks I did take them won't cause any harm to the baby.
|
Users who thank momof4inMO for this post: jackiev 

replied August 30th, 2012
Hi there, and may God bless your family and yourself.. i am very interested on how your pregnancy developed.. Don't know if you will get this reply.. it's been years.. But I hope you do and you are all ok.. I have tears rolling down.. cause I came to this page, looking for answers.. see i have my kids already and my actual partner has his kids also.. but he is the worlds nicest guy.. I have found in him, what i wanted and what i didn't even know that i wanted.. I am madly in love with him. He has some erection problems and i was sterilized back on 2005, but with all that i have been having nausea, i have even pucked, smelling things 'funny'.. so tired and sleepy all the time, being like really moody.. and my oldest daughter thinks it can be pregnancy but with our 'combination' i think not. But now I have been getting my hopes up, cause nothing would make me happier than to have life growing againg inside of me and most of all of this wonderful man that God has put on my path.. I have been crying cause they bought me a hpt and i am just chicken, cause i don't want it to be negative..
|

replied June 10th, 2013
I had my Bi-lateral tubal ligation in 2001 when i had my son... i signed a waiver that it only guaranteed a .1% chance of conception . now almost 12 years after i m feeling the signs , breasts hurt , nauseated and heart burned all the time , the classic symptoms. my period isnt due for a couple of weeks and I am anxiously waiting . Is it too early to take that home pregnancy test? I dont want my gyne to think im too overly obsessed with this...
|

replied June 10th, 2013
I had my Bi-lateral tubal ligation in 2001 when i had my son... i signed a waiver that it only guaranteed a .1% chance of conception . now almost 12 years after i m feeling the signs , breasts hurt , nauseated and heart burned all the time , the classic symptoms. my period isnt due for a couple of weeks and I am anxiously waiting . Is it too early to take that home pregnancy test? I dont want my gyne to think im too overly obsessed with this...
|

replied July 6th, 2013
Hello just want to say that after reading your story it has given me lots of hopes to someday also become pregnant after almost 17 years of a tuble ligation where i was tied cut and burned. i am late on my period and feeling very tired and not sleeping during the night im also feeling moody nothing makes me happy... I took a preg test that i bought and it was negative! I dont know what is wrong with me but I sure do wish i could be pregnant again since I have a wonderful man by my side. with your story it have made me happy and my Faith is stronger than me.. Miracles do happen and I will be waiting on mine. thank you for sharing your story and hope you and your family are doing well and God Bless Smile
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2009
HELP!!!!
I need someone to please anser my question....I have been feeling very tired, nauseous, and have had sore breasts for about 2 weeks....You are thinking, classic pregnancy symptoms right?? I did too, but I had a tubal ligation in July 2006 after having my second child, I am 24 and have heard that not only being young increases your chances of being pregnant but so does having a tubal after a c-section!!!! Which I had!!!! Is there any possible way I am pregnant???? I really want to be but I would like some feed back from you guys!! Thanks!!
|

replied June 16th, 2009
many women tells that they got pregnant after tubal cut& tied.i just want to know the sexual position they had for that pregnancy because i got it done and longing to have to be pregnant now.i have 2 kids female ofcourse i want male baby.i dont want ivf and tubal reversal is there any other way
|

replied June 30th, 2009
pregnacy signs after tubal ligation
i want to know too. I had my tubes tied in april of 1999. My daughter is 10 I have missed my period about 3 times in the last 6 years but never with symptoms. My period comes around the 15th okay its the 30th. still no period. I'm sick to my stomach and I'm sleepy all the time and hungry all the time. the only thing i don't have is sore breast although they were sore around the time i was suposed to come on my period. i don't have insurance so going to the doctor is not an answer. I'm really wondering if i'm pregnabt this time. do i wait it out or what
|

replied July 16th, 2009
Pregnancy after tubal
If you don't have insurance, go to your local health department. For a small nominal fee, they will do a pregnancy test. No insurance needed. I, too, have had a tubal, 11 years ago. I am experiencing pregnancy symptoms, nausea, tiredness, only 5 days late, home pregnancy test is negative. I am 44. I also had a uterine ablation 2 years ago. I am really worried that it could be a tubal.
|

replied June 11th, 2012
I had a ablation 5 years ago and a tubal 16 years ago. I have light spotting ever month. But I didn't had any last month. Now, I am blowed my breast are getting larger. Could I get pregnant? Has any one gotten pregnant after a tubal and ablation?
|

replied July 18th, 2009
pregnant after tubal
okay I had my tubal in 05.. and it was c-section too... here latley I am very tired and emotional... but I have not skipped my period... the sinch is my tummy is getting really hard like a beer belly.. I am a heavier set girl.. but its never been hard like this.. and sometimes I'll be laying in bed at night and I'll think that I feel something move.. but i shrug it off as butterflies... and my periods are normal and really heavy too.. I never got sick or anything like that with my first two pregnancies thank god... but could I really be pregnant? b/c if I could guess.. I would say I was atleast 6 to 7 months atleast maybe almost eight... is this possible??
|

replied April 17th, 2013
I am having similar issues. My stomach is bloated, my breast are sore, I am having trouble eating a lot at one time but I am hungry often. My lower back hurts and I feel something moving around in my stomach. I am having my periods but they come a week or two late sometimes and they are very light and short. They used to be longer and much heavier. I am dizzy and I now have to stop and take a nap in the middle of the day. My emotions have also been crazy. I had a tubal ligation 10 years ago during a c-section having my second child. My doctor told me he did the best he could but he wasn't sure that it would stay because I was very inflamed. My stomach is so distended now that I would have to be several months along. I am worried and do not want it to be an ectopic pregnancy if I am in fact pregnant. What happened in your situation? Were you in fact pregnant? If not, why was your stomach sticking out and why did you feel the movement in your stomach. My movement is very pronounced and I feel it day and night. Please let me know what happened.
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2009
Pregnancy after tubal ligitation
I got a tubes tied in 2005 after my 4th child. The last few months I had strange periods really only one heavy day not even a few. Then I only bleed when I go to the restroom and urinate. Now I am having dizzy spells and getting nausated, and really tired all the time. I dont know whats wrong with me. I am waiting on my period now but it is so irregualar I am never sure when to expect it. If I dont have it in the next week I will be worried. Could I be pregnant? And if I am would I have to end the pregnancy? Please help me?
|

replied July 24th, 2009
I had a tubal (cut and burnt) in March, after a c-section. The doctor didn't tell me anything about needing to wait so long for sex, I resumed (unprotected) sex with my husband about 2 1/2 weeks after the procedure. I've had two periods since then, but I'm late on this period- by a few weeks, and have begun showing classic pregnancy symptoms. My husband has an extraordinarily high sperm count. How likely is it that I could become pregnant so soon after my tubal?
|

replied August 18th, 2009
Ok. Here is my deal. I had my tubal a yr ago this past saturday. My periods since after having my son have been light flow for a wk then a couple of days of nothing then a real heavy flow for a week and a couple of days. I mentioned this to my dr back in Feb. she said that it is probably nothing to worry my body is just getting use to not being pregnant after becoming pregnant immediatley after bc(if not getting pregnant on the iud. then having back to back pregnancies (basically I waited six weeks and became pregnant again). Now all of the sudden I'm at least 2 wks late according to the start of my period after stopping for the couple of days. I took a pregnancy test about a week ago. It was negative. However, I'm not sure if it was too soon. I have the symptoms like being tired, emotional, hungry all the time, and sensitivity to smells. Then I think it's just all in my mind because I somewhat regret the tubal and keep seeing my friends and family having new babies and becoming pregnant. What do you ladies think?
|

User Profile
replied August 19th, 2009
Nina0414. You could be pregnant in fact it could be an ectopic pregnancy. I have read a lot of post about women having ectopic and normal pregnancies after having tubal ligations. I read somewhere that your actual period starts the first day of a period of red blood not the brown old blood. I am curious if you had the brown discharge or the red discharge of blood. I had a tubal done 12 years ago after giving birth do my daughter natural birth. I have had pelvic pressure, swollen tender breast, need to urinate frequently, headach every now and then and lower backach. My period should be starting around August 23rd ( 29 day cycle). My last period lasted 24 hours( not normal, I usually last for 4-5 days) I have also had negative test but with my son who is 13 I had a negative pregnancy test up until my 3rd month. If I am correct I think that I am 3 weeks pregnant. I personally have scheduled an appointment with my OBGYN and I will be requesting a blood pregnancy test. You might want to do the same. I to am afraid I am regreting the tubal ligation and just want to be pregnant but it never hurts to want. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND MYSELF.
|

replied September 9th, 2009
Please not another pregnancy, had essure procedure
Oh boy, you ladies are scaring me, Even though my period is just 2 days late so far, and i had the Essure procedure done two months ago, plus had that 3 month birth control shot. I had my first baby in 2007, got pregnant with my second child 6 months later on birth control, had an IUD for a year and then decided to do the Esure to make it permanent, I have been really tired the last week or so, but my husband is also deployed, so it could just be the emotional stress. But im also hungry all the time, and have been having this funny tummy ache the last two days, and no energy, and emotional and smelling more stuff again. and im having sinus problems again. had that with both my previous pregnancies. What do you girls think should i go see the doctor?
|

replied September 29th, 2009
hi! so happy and excited that pregnancy still do exist to us ligated. though, scary because of the so called ectopic....
anyways, i'm also ligated. done it last january 2002 with my 3rd child. missed my period this month. i've already went to the doctor and had 2 POSITIVE pregnancy tests. i also done transvaginal ultrasound yesterday, but the doctor found no heartbeat nor baby yet. only a thicked uterus. that she says, maybe an early sign of pregnancy. we will repeat the ultrasound again in two weeks, she says for confirmation and to compare results from the previous one....
so what do you guys think? am i really pregnant? although in my heart, i know i am.......
i really hope and pray that theres actually a baby.
Miracle do happen. and only GOD has the reason.
|
Users who thank alliephot for this post: Azti 

replied August 13th, 2012
i had my tubes tied in 99 my daughter will be 13 in nov. i also have a 14yr old daughter. my ob told me on my last visit my tubes have came untied. well i am 2 days late and worried
|