Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Zanex

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I have a fear of flying, and was perscribed .25 zanex pills. Do you think they will be strong enough? How will they make me feel?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Latedaus
|

replied January 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Everybody reacts to drugs differently, my 15 year old daughter is simply immune to all drugs we've tried so far for pain, including codeine, brufen etc, other people like my 45 year old husband can't take asprin/tylenol & drive because they make him so sleepy.

So you'll just have to try them & see. Sorry.
|

replied January 22nd, 2004
Zanex
Zanex can be helpful if taken correctly. It will make you extreemly drousy, so be sure not to drive anywhere. Also just be sure not to take the zanex for anything other than for your anxiety. If you take them just to take them they can be very addictive. Also do not drink alcohol while taking zanex, because you will definitely not be able to function right. They do not mix.
|

replied December 5th, 2007
Zanex Vs. Valium
What is the difference between zanex and valium.
which would be better for short term stress induced
axiety. Need to jill will a pill for a week or so?
|

replied December 5th, 2007
Experienced User
I have been perscribed to xanex along with my wellbutrin, But i do not take it because i've heard people have died from it. *I worry waaaaaay too much*
|

replied December 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Xanex is a very well tolerated drug when taken correctly. I was on it for 4 years and had no problems at all. All it going to do is take the edge off your anxiety for you trip. As long as you are not going to be on it long, you should really have not to much problem. But, as the above poster said, it will make you drowzy when you first start taking it. That does wear off after a period of time but, you wo'nt be on it long enought to have to worry about it. I feel this way, if your doctor ordered it for you then it should be alright to take. .25 is the lowest dose there is. I was on 2mg three times a day for 2 out of the 4 years. I am now on a new one but same componients. Don't worry so much. That dose is just enough to take the edge off.

Carrie
|

replied December 13th, 2007
Reply to Xanax
I take Xanax and it works well for me. The mg I take is 0.5 which I believe is low. At times my heart will beat fast, and it helps for that. I also take it when I am stressed out and I can feel it, it works wonderful. I am supposed to take it 3 times a time when needed, sometimes I do not even take it that much, I can tell, my body lets me know. Just thought I would put my opinion in.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Xanex, a Few Pros And Cons
i took xanex for too long. now i only take it when i fly and i have to take the white bars, not sure what mg that is. i know it is a lot. my experience with xanex was mixed. it did wonders for my anxiety but over the years it made me very aggressive, irritated, hostile and i had loss of memory. those are side effects of it, which i find frustrating. it is also highly addictive. i've been on ativan for 2 years now. my new dr. wants me off of it and wants me on klonopin.... hmmm. is it the lesser of two evils?? dunno. if i didn't have to work... i would just take xanex.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
.25 does nothing for me yet wipes some other people out. It all depends on your body chemistry. Can't you take one a few days before just to see if it has any affect on you? If it doesn't seem to make a difference then I am sure it will do nothing for the plane trip.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I have to agree with puzlled. Like I said, I was on a very high dose of Xanax for 4 years. 2mg three times a day, The yellow bars. What you have to realize is that Xanax is a ( I need a fix right now) kinda thing. Where Klonopin in a longer lasting drug and stays in your system for a longer lifetime. I know some who even take both. My son is one of them. Klonopin for everyday use and Xanax for the "I' gonna go throught the roof" moments. .25 is only 1/4 of a 1mg tab. That is the dose they usually start us longer termers out on. Then it's up hill from there. I am doing well on my Klonopin only because I will probably be taking it for the rest of my life.
|

replied March 2nd, 2009
what is zanex?
i need to know what zanex is because my girl friend started taking it and she has bin acting different ever since.
|

replied April 18th, 2009
how long before a plane trip should you take a dose
going on trip to vegas. very clastrophobic due im sure to copd. when should i take a dose before i take off
|

User Profile
replied June 7th, 2009
i take xanex when i need it.it calms me down by making me drowzy.its kinda a reminder of how wound up i really am..it sux for all of have panic/anxiety no one understands..start with a low dose and be comfartable with it best of luck
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2009
zanex
i suffer from anxiety and i need to know if taking zanex is the right choice for me never took meds before.
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2009
anxgrl, if you decide to start taking xanex start off slow..I was prescribed 1mg but only took half it seems to be just enough to take the "edge" off. I also only take it if I feel the need. I am very anti medicine.LOL. I wont even take a tylenol if I have a headache..
|

replied September 4th, 2010
My mother and father died witin 5 days from each other and I was staying at my sisters house in Illinois. I drank a few beers and we both said things we didnt mean and she ended up hitting me and calling 911 on me . When the officer came I couldnt breath (had a anxiety attach) and he called the paramedics I remember crying and my kids said that i was violent with the paramedics and slurring I dont remember alot I had memory loss. They asked me If I was on any drugs and I said no, but they took my blood -I beleive that my drink was laced with atavan because i was drinking beer and I suddenly had a panic attack became violent and wanted to die I was slurring too. Memory loss- My sister is on atavan and I really believe her or her husband stuck something in my drink.She had asked several times that night if I wanted some of hers. I now am so upset with myself for reacting in this way i am getting a copy of the drug report to see If i was given anything- i hope it was something i need some closure. The report says severe anxiety and depression. confused.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kelly Romirowsky
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Harpreet Singh